create a setup file and protect my application

Discussions

Web tier: servlets, JSP, Web frameworks: create a setup file and protect my application

1. create a setup file and protect my application (1 messages)

Hi I create a web application with jsp servlet and tomcat how can I make a setup file for my application and how can I protect my program (inky work in the server no one can copy the program to other computer) please I want your help one more think is there any easy way to create report in my application with best regard Umar Hady
  2. For a web application, I would be inclined to view the web.xml as the setup file. For application protection - assuming you mean protect your source code from theft: If you control the server, then as long as that is secure, that should be all you need because a web application will only deliver html pages to your users. If, on the other hand, you intend to distribute your application so that people can run it on their own servers, then you cannot prevent your programs from being decompiled. For application protection - assuming you mean protect your application on your server from malicious/unauthorised access: Yuo have two issues 1.. network security 2.. application security They are both too large to be addressed at any useful level on a forum, but Google will find lots of material for you