, a tool for building graphical user interfaces (GUIs) as well as for "wiring up" connections between objects in your application, has been released.
We are firm believers in serializing GUI objects and are very much opposed to code generation. BuoyBuilder is our attempt to bring such a tool to the Java world.
- is based on the Buoy Toolkit to simplify Java Swing development
- allows you to configure Buoy Widgets in your UI
- allows you to connect references in your "controller" objects to Widgets
- allows you to connect Widget events to action methods in your objects
- allows you to serialize the interface to an xml file and recall it with one line of code.
Version 1.1 enhancements include:
- Widgets and Inspector windows no longer have menu bars on Windows OS
- added support for proxy objects
- added commercial license support
- added helpful tooltips to new project wizard
- improved validation in inspector windows
- improved BSplitPane inspector and fixed BSlider action inspector to have the correct events listed
- improved layout in some inspectors
- added support for multi-line tooltips
- added "Controller" tab to Widget window
BuoyBuilder is provided under the Open Software License and is also available under a commercial license. Contact email@example.com for licensing details.