Discussions

News: BEA Workshop Studio 3.3 released

1. BEA Workshop Studio 3.3 released (9 messages)

BEA has released BEA Workshop Studio 3.3. In this release, Web Folder Mapping allows you to assemble your source files in a folder organization that matches the needs of your development team, not in a structure required by the server or the IDE. All Workshop Studio features then work transparently with the mapped files (eg. AppXRay, WYSIWYG rendering, Wizards, Validation, Navigation, etc). When using WebLogic Server’s split development directory, users can deploy non-standard structures directly to the server from the IDE, bypassing complicated ANT workarounds outside the IDE. In WebLogic Server, this feature is known as split development directory. In addition, Workshop Studio 3.3 includes the following minor feature upgrades:
    • Upgraded from Web Tools Platform (WTP) 1.5.1 to 1.5.2 -- this is a bug fix release
    • Upgraded from Kodo 4.0 to 4.1
    • Support for Spring 2.0
    • Support for Hibernate and Hibernate Entity Manager 3.2
    • Support for opening .tld and .tag files located in JAR files
    • Minor bug fixes and general improvements
    You can upgrade with Eclipse Update Manager, accessible from Help > Software Updates. There's also a Download 30 day trial of BEA Workshop Studio 3.3 available.

Threaded Messages (9)

2. BEA Workshop on Linux[ Go to top ]

in case anybody intends to install on linux platform: both under Ubuntu and SuSE the installer aborts with a list of messages like: awk: error while loading shared libraries: libdl.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory so better save yourself those 170 Megs of bandwidth -C
  3. Re: BEA Workshop on Linux[ Go to top ]

I have been able to get it to work in the past: http://dev2dev.bea.com/blog/wgroth2/archive/2006/07/ubuntu_and_bea.html What versions of Ubuntu are you using? I had it working on Dapper(6.06). Did you attempt to set and LD_LIBRARY_PATH? br
  4. Re: BEA Workshop on Linux[ Go to top ]

in case anybody intends to install on linux platform: both under Ubuntu and SuSE the installer aborts with a list of messages like:

awk: error while loading shared libraries: libdl.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

so better save yourself those 170 Megs of bandwidth
    -C
    we only support red hat and fedora core at the moment. I'll relay this feedback to engineering, thanks for the heads up. Check out the System Requirements. Pieter Humphrey, BEA Systems
  5. its amazing that you would shut out so many developers just because of a broken installer. Eclipse runs very well under all Linux flavors I know Christian
  6. Re: BEA Workshop on Linux[ Go to top ]

This error message has popped up for other products using InstallAnywhere on Linux as well. From the InstallAnywhere support forums: http://community.zerog.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?s=45771da52e39ffff;act=ST;f=14;t=7596 Try running the following command cat .bin | sed "s/export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL/#xport LD_ASSUME_KERNEL/" > .bin -Greg Stachnick BEA Systems
  7. fyi: IBM RAD 7.0 was released today (December 5th). I'm taking it for a drive right now. RAD 7 is based on Eclipse WebTools.
  8. RAD 7.0 doesn't support EJB 3.0 Shale framework yet.
  9. I can not understand why ibm lag behind others when the Eclipse foundation is around ? Sun, Oracle and i think BEA has the IDE and/or server with EJB 3 support and Jax-ws support. but IBM is still lagging behind .
  10. I can not understand why ibm lag behind others when the Eclipse foundation is around ?
    Sun, Oracle and i think BEA has the IDE and/or server with EJB 3 support and Jax-ws support.
    but IBM is still lagging behind .
    IBM has been going down the toliet since Lou Gerstner left. They lag for many reasons. Here is my top 4: 1) RAD 6.0 sucked so bad, they had to concentrate mostly on bug fixes. 2) They have so many code freezes and development process hurdles to jump through it just takes too long. 3) Developers there are so grossly underpaid that there is just too little incentive to push things through. 4) IBM's management lost customer focus and continues to do so because they are preoccupied trying to explain to the world what onDemand means. (Do you see the irony here? - the market has been demanding a fully supported Java 5 EE IDE and they are the only ones unable to deliver it.)