Marc Fleury not exactly leaving JBoss

Discussions

News: Marc Fleury not exactly leaving JBoss

1. Marc Fleury not exactly leaving JBoss (14 messages)

There have been rumors swirling about various people leaving JBoss after its acquisition by Red Hat, including Marc Fleury. A financial analyst said that Marc was taking a "leave of absence," without saying what that actually meant. Talking to JBoss clarified a few things. Here's the financial's statement, with parts trimmed out:
    Red Hat – Business fundamentals seem mixed as the company faces pressure in the market from Oracle’s competitive support offering... We are also picking up some feedback that JBoss founder Marc Fleury is likely to leave the company post his current 3-month leave of absence.
    For one thing, Marc is not leaving JBoss. He's still an employee, a representative said, adding that with JBoss World and the acquisition (among other things), Marc has been burned out, and with a new baby in the family, he's taking paternity leave to spend time with his wife and children. According to the representative, Marc has expressed no interest in leaving JBoss after his leave expires. While this doesn't rule out any internal concerns, it offers a valid explanation for a leave of absence. Other JBoss employees have taken jobs elsewhere recently, and Marc had offered some frustrations at a conference, which may have been the source of the rumor concerning his being potentially shelved.

Threaded Messages (14)

2. please elaborate[ Go to top ]

Other JBoss employees have taken jobs elsewhere recently You make it sound like there is a mass exodus. We've lost nobody in development. Bill
  3. Re: please elaborate[ Go to top ]

Other JBoss employees have taken jobs elsewhere recently
    You make it sound like there is a mass exodus. We've lost nobody in development. Bill P.S. Fixing format error I made with last post
  4. Re: please elaborate[ Go to top ]

You make it sound like there is a mass exodus. We've lost nobody in development.

Bill

P.S. Fixing format error I made with last post
    Hi Bill, How are you today? I am fine. -nobody
  5. Re: please elaborate[ Go to top ]

Hi Bill,

How are you today? I am fine.

-nobody
    Hey! That was good! :-)) Are there other nobodies out there?
  6. Re: please elaborate[ Go to top ]

It would appear Andy has problems using messaging solutions (e-mail?) and has resorted to using a TSS forum as a cheap and more reliable alternative to communicate (and collaborate) with his colleagues at work. ;-). Sorry, could help that. William
  7. Re: please elaborate[ Go to top ]

It would appear Andy has problems using messaging solutions (e-mail?) and has resorted to using a TSS forum as a cheap and more reliable alternative to communicate (and collaborate) with his colleagues at work. ;-). Sorry, could help that.

William
    You mean former colleagues from my last job.
  8. Re: please elaborate[ Go to top ]

Yes former. Any chance elaborating on the reasons for your departure? Did Marc & Co. oversell the assets (employees, projects, customers(paying + non-paying)) and now is unhappy that RedHat is being tight (which was to be expected with the numbers) with the rest of its money and limiting the spending on important and necessary product/product development activities. Or was there just simply a corporate culture clash with room and time still available for adaption on each side? It is natural for some staff members to leave after a company gets acquired but the concern for most customers/shareholders is the underlying reasons. Regards, William
  9. Re: please elaborate[ Go to top ]

Or was there just simply a corporate culture clash with room and time still available for adaption on each side? It is natural for some staff members to leave after a company gets acquired but the concern for most customers/shareholders is the underlying reasons.
    After reading a bit about MF the last 2-3 years, then I would not be surprised if he did not find it that interesting to be number 10 in a company instead of number 1.
  10. Re: please elaborate[ Go to top ]

You make it sound like there is a mass exodus. We've lost nobody in development.

Bill

P.S. Fixing format error I made with last post

Hi Bill,

How are you today? I am fine.

-nobody
    Whoops...sorry Andy. You got to admit that JBoss Collaboration Mail Server wasn't exactly ever one of our core product even though you tried hard to make it one. Bill P.S. BTW, I hope the project is still alive. You had a lot of amazing ideas and the base project was pretty solid.
  11. Re: please elaborate[ Go to top ]

Whoops...sorry Andy. You got to admit that JBoss Collaboration Mail Server wasn't exactly ever one of our core product even though you tried hard to make it one.

Bill

P.S. BTW, I hope the project is still alive. You had a lot of amazing ideas and the base project was pretty solid.
    Keep pushing Bill. Keep pushing. BTW, congrats on some of the memory leaks in Spring annotations er I mean EJB3 getting fixed...hope you get the rest!
  12. Re: please elaborate[ Go to top ]

News Flash !!! Discussions on TSS hit new low !
  13. Re: please elaborate[ Go to top ]

You must have missed the astroturfing scandal a few years back. This one's nothing.
  14. You said development...[ Go to top ]

Hi bill, You said development at JBoss and not "development of our core products". Now its clear that a someone from development has indeed left JBoss :) Alex
  15. JBossWorld Berlin was fun[ Go to top ]

It was fun to talk to the JBoss core developers and leads @ JBossWorld Berlin, during the talks as well as in the hotel bar. The conference clearly showed the broad area of topics JBoss currently addresses. It's already hard to keep up with what's new in one or two components of the JEMS stack. But the whole stack is moving forward and is still expanding. Also the JBossWorld party in the eWerk was great, because of the RedHat and JBoss guys. I didn't see or feel any signs of "burn out" in the community. Au contraire ... Ciao, Tobias