Lattix LDM 3.0 released: Integrated Architecture Models

Discussions

News: Lattix LDM 3.0 released: Integrated Architecture Models

1. Lattix has announced a major release of its software architecture management solution, Lattix LDM 3.0. With this comprehensive solution, Lattix now addresses the need for visualizing the architecture of complete systems. Key innovations in Lattix LDM 3.0 include:
    • A New Approach to Data Architecture that captures the relationships that can exist between a wide variety of database elements, including schemas, tables, views, stored procedures, packages, sequences, synonyms and triggers.
    • An Integrated Approach to System Architecture that can span multiple domains such as Java, C/C++, .NET, Oracle and include system interdependencies that are specified in configuraion or mapping files such as those of Hibernate.
    • A new Lattix Data Import (LDI) module that enables users to specify their own systems and configurations to create an end-to-end view of an enterprise system that includes business processes.
    A free evaluation license of Lattix LDM 3.0 is currently available for download.

Threaded Messages (5)

2. Lattix[ Go to top ]

I was really deeply impressed by the simple demo a Lattix employee gave on NL-JUG's J-Fall. Too bad its commercial. In most of my projects, the price is not worth the advantage. For bigger teams (say 10 people, or perhaps already with 4 people in long running projects), you should probably get a copy right now.
  3. Re: Lattix[ Go to top ]

I was really deeply impressed by the simple demo a Lattix employee gave on NL-JUG's J-Fall.

Too bad its commercial. In most of my projects, the price is not worth the advantage. For bigger teams (say 10 people, or perhaps already with 4 people in long running projects), you should probably get a copy right now.
    Hi Erik, our Structure101 product competes with Lattix but I still have to defend them ;-), "the price is not worth the advantage". Even for small projects, at $495, if you save a days effort it has paid for itself. I bet you will save this in the first couple of days. After that it's all gravy! Cheers, Paul
  4. Re: Lattix[ Go to top ]

Corrected Structure101 Link
  5. Interesting[ Go to top ]

Looks interesting and definitely worth an evaluation, although the big models start to look a bit like Minesweeper :)
  6. Great stuff[ Go to top ]

I have been using Lattix LDM since release 1.0 and have analysed several projects/products for several companies in different product ranges with great results. Although previous releases were helpful in many situations release 3.0 really is an improvement to that. I can recomment Lattix LDM to everybody who calls him/herself a software architect. With kindest regards, Han van Roosmalen software architect e-mail: han@vanroosmalen.eu