Oracle WebCenter Suite
, a component of Oracle Fusion Middleware, combines the standards-based, declarative development of JavaServer Faces, the flexibility and power of portlets and runtime customization, and a set of integrated Web 2.0 services for developing context-centric, composite applications.
Oracle WebCenter Suite offers the following key features:
Build context-rich, customizable applications with Oracle WebCenter Framework
- Enhanced support for standards-based portlet creation
- Expanded portlet consumption support for WSRP 1.0 and a preliminary version of WSRP 2.0
- JSF portlet bridge to expose JSF applications as WSRP portlets
- Content integration using JCR/JSR 170
- Runtime customization of JSF applications
- Leveraging of metadata management services
- Visual development environment integrated into JDeveloper
- One-click install
WebCenter Framework supports the creation and execution of context-rich applications. To achieve this, WebCenter Framework augments the JavaServer Faces (JSF) environment by providing additional components, integration, and runtime options. In essence, the WebCenter Framework integrates capabilities historically included in portal products directly into the 'fabric' of the JSF environment – especially, the ability to bind portlets and customize the application at runtime. A complete, standards-based portlet development environment and business user tools support rapid creation of JSR 168-based portlets and deployment of WSRP 2.0-based portlet producers. Content is easily integrated and published using data controls built to the JCR/JSR 170 standard. Content repositories supporting the JCR standard can be configured and adapters are available for Oracle Content Database, Oracle Portal, file systems, and leading third party content management systems. In addition, Oracle JDeveloper provides a unified development environment for all of the framework pieces to simplify building your applications.
Embed Web 2.0 into applications with WebCenter Services
WebCenter Services include a complete set of Web 2.0 content, search,
collaboration, and communication services that can be embedded directly into applications built with the WebCenter Framework. These services include:
- A content management solution for storing and managing files and documents (Oracle Content Database)
- A secure enterprise search application for locating and accessing
data and documents stored within the enterprise (Oracle Secure
- A presence server and instant messaging service that enable users to see who is online and initiate communication via text, voice, or video*
- A voice option, offering a rich set of telephony infrastructure components*
- A discussion forum application for online, topical community
- A wiki/blog server for collaborative authoring of documents and sharing of ideas*
* Note: These features will be released shortly after general availability of Oracle WebCenter Suite 10g Release 3.
Where can I find more information?