Discussions

Web tier: servlets, JSP, Web frameworks: Request on designing jsp/servlets ARCHANA - HYD -INDIA

1. Hi, Greetings! It would be bettter to know from real time experienced people like you and take Guidence from you. I want to know the real time environment from where you actual code jsp or servlets or a java program. On what we look atand develop the code for jsp's and servlets or java application. Can U please explain me HOW you develop jsp/servlets. I mean from where and what basis coding is done. Please explain me the real time situation in your project which you are currently following and reporting. I request you to please take some time and input your real time experience Since I am unable to figure it out. Examples are highly appreciated. Thanks & Regards Archana Hyderabad.
  2. Good question Archana.[ Go to top ]

Hi, Greetings!

It would be bettter to know from real time experienced people like you and take Guidence from you.

I want to know the real time environment from where you actual code jsp or servlets or a java program.
    On what we look atand develop the code for jsp's and servlets or java application.

Can U please explain me HOW you develop jsp/servlets.
    I mean from where and what basis coding is done.
    Please explain me the real time situation in your project which you are currently following and reporting.

I request you to please take some time and input your real time experience Since I am unable to figure it out.
    Examples are highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards
    Archana
    Hyderabad.
    Hai Archana, you got a good question. Though there are many advanced concepts in J2EE like EJB,CORBA,STRUTS,JMS; JSP is having it's own identity. I used the JSP,CustomTags along with the JDBC technology for a bank organization. To answer your question, I want to know your exact doubt regarding JSP. Do you want to know the real time applications for JSP? Do you want to know the basics of JSP? Do you want to take JSP tehcnology for your final year project? Because, based on the intention and perspect of the question, I want to answer. You can also contact me at srikanth dot mellacheruvu at hotmail dot com. or else, you can simply post a reply to this.
  3. Re: Good question Archana.[ Go to top ]

Hi, First thanks for responding. I would like to purse my career in development mainly JSP,SERVLETS.. I would like to know regarding the development process through which you develop JSP,SERVLETS in the MVC architecture. Like in the testing we have test-cases to perform testing.Like wise in development what....? I want to know the normal work of a jsp/servlet developer . For example if you are a j2ee developer will you code on the basis on what, is it 1.UML 2. Low Level / High Level Designs IF SO How does these LLD's,HLD's look like? Any EXAMPLES. That's here I am unable to presnt my doubt properly,since I am not a full fledge Developer. I would like to know how the Team leader distributes the work to team members to work on paticular jsp or servlet.... Hope you respond positively Thanks & Regards, Archana.
  4. Best way to learn is search for some tutorials which have steps on how to create a jsp/servlet app. Download tomcat from apache and get going.... Its been a long time I was in that phase so do not know which could be best source for tutorials, but I do remember when I was learning( which I am still, I guess no S/W guy can deny ), I find sun and ibm sites having some useful basic tutorials. As far a teamlead's distribution on a large j2ee projects will be 1.Dividing app to small modules 2.dividing each modules in client, server and common layers (like logging, messaging, which will be used by all layers) 3.Divide server side further to business layer, database layer etc.... and assigning individual developers... 4.divide client side so that jsp/html code can be handled by fairly experienced HTML developer but not a guru in java and stuff which needs servlet coding (session management, helper classes etc). 5.Define interfaces in between these various layers and leave the implementation to developers 6.last but not least have a coffee ~~ and watch the fun !
  5. looks like someone has got a call from naukri.com ;)
  6. If somebody did get a job because of this reply, will be glad I helped someone. But Archana, there is a wealth of information available on internet, use google and read.. it helps! I can proudly say 20-30% of the code I wrote came from cut-pasting from internet (a huge timesaver).