Apache Pluto 1.1.0 Released

Discussions

News: Apache Pluto 1.1.0 Released

1. Apache Pluto 1.1.0 Released (3 messages)

The Apache Pluto project has announced the General Availability release of Pluto 1.1.0. Apache Pluto implements a portlet container which complies with the Java Portlet Specification. This is the first GA release of the 1.1 line of Pluto, which is a major refactoring of Pluto 1.0. Pluto 1.1 allows for easier integration of Pluto's portlet container and simpler configuration of the Pluto portal driver, a simple portal included with Pluto. Pluto 1.1.0 fixes a number of outstanding bugs as well as adding enhancements such as the auto registration of portlet applications. The Apache Pluto project provides the reference implementation of the JSR-168 (Portlet 1.0) specification. Release Notes: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12310687&styleName=Text&projectId=10560&Create=Create

Threaded Messages (3)

2. Re: Apache Pluto 1.1.0 Released[ Go to top ]

When can we expect to see Portlet 2.0 in Pluto?
  3. When the spec is complete?[ Go to top ]

Portlet 2.0 (JSR 286) isn't out yet, so support for it would be somewhat premature. A better question would be when do the JSR 286 EG expect to have a final draft available?
  4. Re: When the spec is complete?[ Go to top ]

my experience with portlet technology has been horrific. and i would say that it will die its own slow death soon. dont waste your time in portal technology although the $$$ hungry folks at BEA would like to lock you in their proprietory stuff. Please believe me - its a waste of time - especially with bea portal.