Analyst4j offers an environment to analyze and visualize code quality with help of automated software metrics and graphs/charts. It comes as an Eclipse Plugin at 83 Euro/User. Software metrics expose various quality attributes of software/code, which are of great use to evaluate and understand code quality. Analyst4j ensures effective use of metrics by providing a search facility based on automated software metrics. Metrics based search enables users to find facts which are otherwise impossible to find given the size of software. See the Detailed Feature list for more information. Possible usage scenarios
- To do cause (Pareto) analysis, and find the 20% of your software artifacts which are responsible for the majority of the effect.
- Find Antipatterns in Java using metrics (Blob classes, Spaghetti Code, Swiss Knife Classes..)
- Perform custom analysis and interpretations based on automated software metrics.
- Understand current maintainability of your project.
- Find areas to improve /refactor to ensure future maintainability.
- Prepare maintainability / code quality reports(pdf/doc).
- Helps to estimate testing effort based on metrics such as Cyclomatic Complexity and Halstead Effort.
- Categorize Code using metrics.