DB Solo 2.1 released, includes schema comparison, DAO generation

Discussions

News: DB Solo 2.1 released, includes schema comparison, DAO generation

1. DB Solo LLC has announced the general availability of DB Solo SQL Query Tool 2.1, the latest upgrade to DB Solo's SQL Query Tool. DB Solo provides developers and adminstrators with features such as visual explain plan, database comparison tool, EJB 3.0 Code Generator and database object scripting. DB Solo SQL Query Tool is available for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and Solaris platforms. DB Solo supports all major DBMS products available today, including Oracle, SQL Server 2000 and 2005, DB2, Sybase, H2, Postgres, MySQL and Solid. New Features New features in version 2.1 include several enhancements to the Schema Comparison Tool such as a Schema Synchonization DDL Script Creator and the ability to run schema comparisons from the command line. The Schema Compare Tool's settings can now be saved to a project file facilitating regular schema comparison runs using cron jobs. The schema comparison tool allows administrators to quickly compare and synchronize databases in different environments, saving hours of manual work and preventing costly mistakes. Version 2.1 also contains several improvements to the DAO Code Generator including enhanced support for MySQL and PostgreSQL. Additionally, support for the H2 database was added in this version of DB Solo. Availability DB Solo 2.1 is available for immediate download at http://www.dbsolo.com. Pricing of DB Solo SQL Query Tool starts at $79 USD for a single user. Message was edited by: joeo@enigmastation.com

Threaded Messages (3)

2. Nice tool[ Go to top ]

This seems to be a useful tool. There are plenty of OSS db tools but none that I know of with one very important feature when it comes production time: schema comparison. A couple of suggestions if I may: 1.)Add a splash screen - it took a little bit of time to load and I wasn't sure if it was loading or not. 2.)Add data comparison capabilities. Overall, good job. Very nice looking UI.
  3. Schema compare not woring[ Go to top ]

SEVERE: UA: Error loading foreign keys java.lang.NullPointerException at com.dbsolo.L.UA.C(Unknown Source) at com.dbsolo.L.UA.B(Unknown Source) at com.dbsolo.L.UA.I(Unknown Source) at com.dbsolo.L.lA.F(Unknown Source) at com.dbsolo.L.s.Ð(Unknown Source) at com.dbsolo.L.s.P(Unknown Source) at com.dbsolo.I.w.C(Unknown Source) at com.dbsolo.I.w.D(Unknown Source) at com.dbsolo.I.w.A(Unknown Source) at com.dbsolo.I.q$5.run(Unknown Source) at com.dbsolo.H.W.run(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
  4. Please send all the necessary information (DBMS product, version, error.log, CREATE TABLE script for the failing table if possible) to support at dbsolo dot com and this will be taken care of. Marko