Discussions

News: LogicBlaze for sale to IONA? Well, yes... and done

1. IONA has announced that it has purchased the open source support company LogicBlaze, which centers its skillset around ActiveMQ and ServiceMix. From the press release: "The acquisition of LogicBlaze is based upon IONA’s vision that successful SOA deployments will involve the use of multiple technologies, including many from the Open Source community." The release specifically says that James Strachan, Rob Davies, and Hiram Chirino are staying on board with IONA. ServiceMix and ActiveMQ are already part of IONA's Celtix product, and IONA's Artix 4.0 release includes ActiveMQ as the JMS transport. It's unclear how IONA will integrate ServiceMix with its Artix, if at all; a conference call is taking place later today that may clarify matters. As LogicBlaze is a privately held company, terms were not disclosed, although the purchase was made with cash. Congratulations to both IONA and LogicBlaze!
  2. Well done, James, Rob and crew. Hope to see you all at JavaOne .. and you can fight John Davies for the tab :-) Peace, Cameron Purdy Tangosol Coherence: The Java Data Grid
  3. Well done, James, Rob and crew. Hope to see you all at JavaOne .. and you can fight John Davies for the tab :-)

Peace,

Cameron Purdy
    Tangosol Coherence: The Java Data Grid
    Thanks Cameron, looking forward to it! :) James Iona
  4. Please document ServiceMix[ Go to top ]

I hope IONA invest heavily in the documentation of the ServiceMix.. :)
  5. Re: Please document ServiceMix[ Go to top ]

I hope IONA invest heavily in the documentation of the ServiceMix.. :)
    Good lucks to James and the crew. We see the Sevicemix as a great platform, one of the few JBI ESBs on the market. I hope IONA will continue to invest and strength it. I do share the similar sentiment. With lacking of the documentation and enough tooling support, it is a bit of difficulty for average developers to use it effectively. We take a different approach when we build our ChainBuilder ESB on top of Servicemix, we focus on making it easy to use. Again, wish the merge works out well. Eric ChainBuilder ESB

6. James
    Iona
    Congratulations and good luck to the hard worked and excellent team of LogicBlaze. Only an illusion? But I really hope that ServiceMix and ActiveMQ existing furthermore as independently OSS. What's the future of FUSE? It's not mentioned in the article ... Roland -- The Question is: Who's the next on the list ? ... [M][*][*][*] --
  7. Congratulations and good luck to the hard worked and excellent team of LogicBlaze.
    Thanks Roland!
    Only an illusion? But I really hope that ServiceMix and ActiveMQ existing furthermore as independently OSS.
    Absolutely, we're still completely committed to Apache licensed open source SOA software developed in a truly open community based manner at Apache.
    What's the future of FUSE? It's not mentioned in the article ...

Roland
    We're still working on that and will be making an announcement soon. We're looking to merge Celtix Enterprise and FUSE into a single cohesive best-of-breed offering of open source SOA techonogies James Iona Open Source the Enterprise Way

8. Absolutely, we're still completely committed to Apache licensed open source SOA software developed in a truly open community based manner at Apache.
    Perfectly, James - that are good notices for the community in this moment.

We're still working on that and will be making an announcement soon. We're looking to merge Celtix Enterprise and FUSE into a single cohesive best-of-breed offering of open source SOA techonogies

James
    Iona
    Open Source the Enterprise Way
    We are very curious to hear shortly some more details from this interested plans. Roland Integration Expertise Limited
  9. Seems we have aggresive market consolidation right now on integration ground. First SeeBeyond, then webMethods now LogicBlaze. I really enjoyed with the broad choice of integration options few Years ago. Now we will end-up with 4-5 ESB products... Hope all this consolidation is about price, service level and quality, not only about broadening customer base and nothing more. Artur
  10. Hmmm... According to InfoWorld this was a "fire sale". It just confirms my opinion that this kind of business model does not work. It seems, SwiftMQ is now the only successful (!) pure JMS player in the market. The product SwiftMQ exists since 7 years, the company behind (IIT) since 17 years! -- Andreas
  11. Just as a side note: Coridian, the company behind open source JMS Mantaray has left, too. -- Andreas