Discussions

News: Webservices page on java.sun.com revamped

1. Webservices page on java.sun.com revamped (5 messages)

Arun Gupta announced the revision of java.sun.com's webservices page, with clearer information about what each technology is, what it's used for, and how it's used. It's been designed to be more accessible, and represents a possible push inside Sun to revise many of the Enterprise technology pages. From the new page, this is the summary of the web services technologies:
    The Basics Why JAX-WS Java API for XML Web Services (JAX-WS) makes it easy to develop Web services and clients through ease-of-development features, support for W3C and WS-I standards such as SOAP and WSDL, asynchronous client and server, and databinding through JAXB 2.0. Why JAXB Java Architecture for XML Binding (JAXB) provides ease of development by binding an XML document to JavaBean objects based on the XML document's XML schema. Why WSIT Web Services Interoperability Technology (WSIT) delivers secure, reliable, transactional interoperability between Java EE and .Net 3.0 to help you build, deploy, and maintain Composite Applications for your Service Oriented Architecture. Why JAXP
    The Java API for XML Processing (JAXP), enables applications to parse, transform, validate and query XML documents using an API that is independent of a particular XML processor implementation. Why XWSS XML and Web Services Security (XWSS) provides message-level security that enables a JAX-WS or SAAJ application's request and response actions to be secured at the level of service, port, or operation. XWSS implements the OASIS standard for Web Services Security (WSS).
    What do you think of the reorganization? This may turn out to be a bit of a template for the other core technologies, so anything you can suggest, or any comments with difficulties with the new site would be very helpful to the Sun team.

Threaded Messages (5)

2. And Seebeyond site became SOA page!
  3. What is going on with TSS?[ Go to top ]

TSS considers an update of a Sun web page to be news, yet has refused to top-level post my message about the latest services on JSourcery.com, even after three post attempts and emailing Joseph Ottinger directly. Not impressed. Rob
  4. Re: What is going on with TSS?[ Go to top ]

Rob whats important for you need not be important for everyone. TSS was just reacting to their customer needs. For me Personally SUN coming up with clear message on Web Services is far more important than JSourcery.com Kumar.
  5. Re: What is going on with TSS?[ Go to top ]

Fair enough. But I have been reading TSS long enough to know that TSS posts a lot less newsworthy items than mine. Furthermore, they thought my original post was newsworthy when there was much less functionality on JSourcery. Just seems like they are all over the map with no logical criteria.
  6. Re: What is going on with TSS?[ Go to top ]

For me Personally SUN coming up with clear message on Web Services is far more important than
    Oh my God !!! Look there !! The LIGHT !! Please, it's only marketing stuff ! Guido. What's happening ? Are WS short of breath ?