Discussions

News: Library Poll on 7ransCode

1. Library Poll on 7ransCode (5 messages)

Blogger tea42 has posted a short poll on libraries, with three questions: should libraries be named creatively or categorically, how should they be packaged, and what of four library names are you most likely to use. The poll is for Ruby, generally (as the blog only mentions Ruby) but perhaps Java programmers would benefit from considering it too. After all, consider what some of our libraries and projects are called: "Spring," "Kodo," "Glassfish," "Toplink," "Celtix." Part of the issue for Java is that it's got a far more mature culture compared to Ruby, despite both languages being roughly the same age; there's more competition in the Java space for "good names," so originality can sometimes be the difference between being "one in the crowd" and a front-runner. Ruby's culture is different than Java's, so a library name like "climax" (one of the poll possibilities!) might be more appropriate than it would for Java... but perhaps people disagree. Check out the poll! The poll responses are offered to you immediately after submission.
  2. Y3ah, I'll 7o74lly h4v3 to ch3ck out the poll on 7ransCode from tea42! I'm surprised 37signals h4sn't weighed in. W0rd Up tea42! jacob84308233
  3. Y3ah, I'll 7o74lly h4v3 to ch3ck out the poll on 7ransCode from tea42! I'm surprised 37signals h4sn't weighed in.

W0rd Up tea42!
    jacob84308233
    Now, if only I could understand what it is you just said....
  4. Re: Library Poll on 7ransCode[ Go to top ]

n00b
  5. Re: Library Poll on 7ransCode[ Go to top ]

n00b
    argh, pwnt!
  6. Re: Library Poll on 7ransCode[ Go to top ]

n00b
    Shouldn't that be "n00b"?