is a WS-BPEL compliant web services orchestration engine. It organizes web services calls following a process description written in BPEL. Another way to describe it would be a web service capable workflow engine.
Version 1.0 is the first official incubator release of ODE and is the result of several code donations and months of development in the incubator.
Here is a non exhaustive but representative features list:
* Compliant with both BPEL4WS 1.1 and WS-BPEL 2.0.
* Deploys both as a WAR in any web container (using an Axis2-based communication layer) or as a JBI service assembly.
* Small footprint server suitable for experimentation or single-server production use.
* Compiled approach to BPEL that provides detailed analysis and validation at the command line or at deployment.
* Processes hot deployment and management web service interface (war deployment only).
* High level API to the engine that allows you to integrate the core with virtually any communication layer or even embed it.
For more information check the following resources:
* Our web site: http://incubator.apache.org/ode
* The WS-BPEL 2.0 technical committee webinars linked here: