, an open-source Web services development framework, has been released.
XINS accepts the following protocols: REST, SOAP, XML-RPC, XML, Yahoo! JSON and JSON-RPC.
From the specification of the API written in simple XML, XINS generates:
- Documentation of the specifications and implementations in HTML and in OpenDocument format
- Test forms, for testing your applications with a browser
- Client-side Java code, supporting load-balancing, fail-over and time-out handling
- Server-side Java skeleton
- Web application (WAR file), compatible with servlet containers
- WSDL, for SOAP-interoperability
- SMD, for the Dojo toolkit
- Unit test code, based on JUnit
- Stubs, typically used for testing
The 2.0 release adds the following features:
- New protocols: Yahoo! JSON (with callbacks) and JSON-RPC (1.0 and 1.1)
- Import of WSDL and XML Schema.
- _WSDL and _SMD meta functions
- Better integration with the Spring Framework, the Dojo toolkit and GWT
- Examples with REST implementation, implementation in Groovy and with Dojo toolkit