Apache MyFaces Trinidad 1.2.1 released

Discussions

News: Apache MyFaces Trinidad 1.2.1 released

1. Apache MyFaces Trinidad 1.2.1 released (5 messages)

The Apache MyFaces Trinidad team is pleased to announce the release of Apache MyFaces Trinidad 1.2.1, a JavaServer Faces 1.2 component library based on parts of Oracle's ADF Faces. Some of the tags featured: breadcrumbs, navigation panels, panes, and tabbed panels, with more functionality than can be adequately described here. Trinidad 1.2.1 is available in both binary and source distributions, and is in the central Maven repository under group id "org.apache.myfaces.trinidad". Trinidad also supports JSF 1.1, with the older 1.0.1 release.

Threaded Messages (5)

2. Comparison to ICEFaces?[ Go to top ]

Can someone familiar with Trinidad and ICEFaces post a comparison and their experience using either library?
  3. Re: Comparison to ICEFaces?[ Go to top ]

Can someone familiar with Trinidad and ICEFaces post a comparison and their experience using either library?
    The approach of explicitly listing "partialTriggers" was specifically avoided in the architecture of ICEfaces because determining such triggers can be very difficult, especially for page designers. (It can even be argued that defining triggers and regions in the page breaks MVC.) Ajax features can and should be provided transparently by the framework. On the other hand, this release of Trinidad contains many components that would be useful to ICEfaces developers, so interoperability should definitely be explored. http://jroller.com/page/tedgoddard
  4. JSF 1.2[ Go to top ]

The Apache MyFaces Trinidad team is pleased to announce the release of Apache MyFaces Trinidad 1.2.1, a JavaServer Faces 1.2 component library
    Isn't it rather strange that MyFaces releases a component library for JSF 1.2, while they officially don't have a JSF 1.2 release out? I wonder whether Trinidad was developed and tested with the SUN RI implementation, or with the beta MyFaces 1.2 implementation? If the former was true, wouldn't that be a sign that the (myfaces) Apache organization itself doesn't believe in an independent JSF implementation anymore? Maybe I'm wrong, but when I read the MyFaces dev mailing lists and look into the SVN for commits related to MyFaces, I can't help but feel the JSF core implementation is at a very low priority. Sure, there are some commits now and then (like removing german restuarants???) and an official release supposedly could happen at "any moment", but is there really still a strong support for this project? Btw, the MyFaces homepage also still has the following (outdated) text on it:
    JSR-252: JavaServer Faces 1.2 There is a new JSR, Java Specification Request 252, which includes several major improvements to JSF. The specification is currently in Proposed Final Draft form. There are no immediate plans to implement this specification in MyFaces but it is likely that work will begin once the spec is finalized.
  5. Re: JSF 1.2[ Go to top ]

The Apache MyFaces Trinidad team is pleased to announce the release of Apache MyFaces Trinidad 1.2.1, a JavaServer Faces 1.2 component library

Isn't it rather strange that MyFaces releases a component library for JSF 1.2, while they officially don't have a JSF 1.2 release out?

I wonder whether Trinidad was developed and tested with the SUN RI implementation, or with the beta MyFaces 1.2 implementation? If the former was true, wouldn't that be a sign that the (myfaces) Apache organization itself doesn't believe in an independent JSF implementation anymore?

Maybe I'm wrong, but when I read the MyFaces dev mailing lists and look into the SVN for commits related to MyFaces, I can't help but feel the JSF core implementation is at a very low priority. Sure, there are some commits now and then (like removing german restuarants???) and an official release supposedly could happen at "any moment", but is there really still a strong support for this project?

Btw, the MyFaces homepage also still has the following (outdated) text on it:

JSR-252: JavaServer Faces 1.2

There is a new JSR, Java Specification Request 252, which includes several major improvements to JSF. The specification is currently in Proposed Final Draft form. There are no immediate plans to implement this specification in MyFaces but it is likely that work will begin once the spec is finalized.
    Actually it was logical to bring out the Trinidad release first, because MyFaces 1.2s build process was dependend on some Trinidad plugins. MyFaces 1.2 has no official release yet, but it has passed the TCK quite a while ago and soon will be released. You can check it out right now and build it via maven (feedback is appreciated because it is released soon so any bug caught upfront is appreciated) In fact the Trinidad plugins were one of the reasons why an official MyFaces 1.2 was postponed for another few weeks, otherwise we already would have an announcement here of MyFaces 1.2 being released. So the MyFaces project has not forgotten JSF 1.2, it is there and it has been TCK compliant for a while, it is just not released yet but very soon.
  6. Re: JSF 1.2[ Go to top ]

Ok to reply to myself, for those who shun custom builds: the nightly builds of MyFaces 1.2 can be found here: http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/myfaces/core/myfaces-api/1.2.0-SNAPSHOT/ For the API Jars http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/myfaces/core/myfaces-impl/1.2.0-SNAPSHOT/ for the impl jars. Give it a try and give feedback, report bugs since a release is imminent any bug found can be fixed before the first stable is released.