Dev Tools Squared: Atlassian Acquires Cenqua

Discussions

News: Dev Tools Squared: Atlassian Acquires Cenqua

1. Dev Tools Squared: Atlassian Acquires Cenqua (11 messages)

Atlassian Software Systems has announced the acquisition of Cenqua, a supplier of market-leading software engineering tools Clover, FishEye, and Crucible. This acquisition combines two of the fastest growing producers of software development tools. The combined company will focus on providing a more comprehensive, integrated experience for software developers that rely on these tools. Cenqua's 2,000 customers will see faster development of Clover, FishEye, and Crucible, and will gain access to Atlassian's developer network and worldwide technical support facilities. "We're gaining some of the best software developers in the world," said Mike Cannon-Brookes, co-founder and CEO at Atlassian. "We've known and liked the Cenqua products and people for a long time. Their products are a fantastic complement to Atlassian's, and this will give us the opportunity to build much tighter integration between everything." Peter Moore, co-founder and CEO at Cenqua added, "We're really excited to be joining the Atlassian team. It's an awesome match that allows us to leverage more resources that can be applied to product development and support." Cenqua adds SCM integration, code review, and code quality analysis to Atlassian's issue tracking, wiki, and continuous integration. Clover, FishEye and Crucible will remain separate products and retain the same development team. Clover.NET customers will continue to receive support for another 12 months, however the product will be discontinued. Starting today, customers can purchase Cenqua products and get support through http://www.atlassian.com.

Threaded Messages (11)

2. Congratulations ![ Go to top ]

To both Cenqua and Atlassian. Both brilliant companies (and Australian !). This is a great move on the part of a growing Atlassian - well done (and in Cenqua, they have their hands on some of the smartest guys around).
  3. Re: Congratulations ![ Go to top ]

I cannot wait to see what Hani has to say about this ;-)
  4. Congratulations[ Go to top ]

Atlassian are a well-run company that has remained focused on delivering real value to developers. I'm pleased to see their growing success, and wish all the best to them and the Cenqua guys. Rgds Rod
  5. That's great news[ Go to top ]

I've been using products from both of them and can't complain about a thing. I believe this fusion will bring even more powerful and integrated tools for developers. Good luck for you guys. Regards, Daniel Alheiros
  6. Congrats to both parties. This seems to be a perfect match. I can't wait to see what Atlassian does next. Rob Misek Oracle
  7. Congrats to both parties. This seems to be a perfect match. I can't wait to see what Atlassian does next.

Rob Misek
    Oracle
    If I had to make an educated guess, it would be that Atlassian and JetBrains would merge (or something along those lines). This would round out Atlassian's portfolio with version control software and an IDE that can tie into all of the tools. While there is some overlap between TeamCity and Bamboo with regards to continuous integration, they look like pretty different tools that could probably be integrated into a single tool. Cheers, Jim Bethancourt Houston JUG President
  8. If I had to make an educated guess, it would be that Atlassian and JetBrains would merge (or something along those lines).
    Now you're just starting rumors ;-). Rob Misek Oracle
  9. If I had to make an educated guess, it would be that Atlassian and JetBrains would merge (or something along those lines).

Now you're just starting rumors ;-).

Rob Misek
    Oracle
    I'm only guessing -- really. The last thing I want to do is start a rumor. Cheers, Jim
  10. Thanks[ Go to top ]

Just wanted to drop a small note saying thanks to everyone for their kind words. We are truly excited by the future of both companies (nd engineering teams) combined. I haven't had a chance to blog about it yet, but it's an understatement to say that the fun is just beginning! We have a lot of very exciting ideas for integrations between the applications (you have seen how much of a giant leap forward Clover 2 is haven't you?) which will be coming down the pipeline soon. Watch this space :) Thanks again for all the encouragement. m
  11. Congratulations! I´m a big fan of Atlassian and Cenqua, their products and development philosophy, I think this is a very smart move.
  12. About time! Congratulations guys, hope its a good outcome for you. regards Malcolm Edgar http://click.sourceforge.net