is a component based, server-side, Java/XML rich-client-framework dual-licensed with a commercial license and the LGPL.
It enables an application to run as either:
- an application with a simple Web client based on HTML and CSS
- a standalone application with a Swing GUI,
- a client/server application with a thin Swing client,
- or a mobile application on different devices like PDAs or Smartphones
WidgetServer gives you the choice if you develop a GUI either using
- HTML markup templates,
- a Java API like Swing,
- XML markup
- or any combination.Why do we think WidgetServer is different from other Toolkits?
The new version brings several bugfixes und new features.
- WidgetServer handles various client technologies with a single API
- A powerful, template based rendering engine offers full control over the generated HTML/CSS code, whenever needed
- AJAX is integrated transparentely but can be switched off by configuration completely or for specific (e.g. mobile) browsers only
- Most GUI event types are supported (Action, MouseMove, Click, KeyPressed, DoubleClick, Select, Scroll, Drag, Drop, ...)
- A plugin-concept makes the WidgetServer component-set easy to extend