qooxdoo Framework: Video Tech Brief

Discussions

News: qooxdoo Framework: Video Tech Brief

1. qooxdoo Framework: Video Tech Brief (3 messages)

qooxdoo is a robust, state-of-the-art GUI toolkit and AJAX framework. Its origins can be traced back to 2003, when it was already doing AJAX before the term was invented. qooxdoo project lead Andreas Ecker talks about how it works, what it does, how it compares to other frameworks like GWT, and how it integrates with third party development environments from Borland and the Eclipse Foundation. (Click here if you can't view the video.) Andreas leads an engineering team at 1&1 Internet AG focused full-time on qooxdoo development. Andreas has over 12 years of experience developing professional web applications.
  2. In all fairness, Qooxdoo has a nice look and feel, but the abuse of XML turned me away from it. I prefer ExtJS for AJAX and custom widgets. The ExtJs people did a very nice job of wrapping around YUI and JQuery and created a very nice look and feel. There is even a GWT-Ext project underway and I started a wiki at GWTExt.com which I highly encourage people to submit code samples. If Qooxdoo didn't use so much XML and had a clean API, I think it would be worth while looking into. Best regards, Richard L. Burton III
  3. $250 for a dev license? No eval? I have no clue how robust EXT-JS is for the ajax plugins, controls, how it scales to a larger dataset. I watched the movie, and looks great. If I can't get eval, then how do I know: - Swappability of AJAX (can I use DWR?) - reliance on server architecture - integration with other techniques/customizability
  4. Whoops, didn't see the download link and the Open Source option. Typical idiocy on my part.