clientgen WSBuildException "Could not find ejbjar for component"

Discussions

XML & Web services: clientgen WSBuildException "Could not find ejbjar for component"

1. I'm having a problem using clientgen. It complains that it can not find 'ejbjar'. This is the actual error: weblogic.webservice.tools.build.WSBuildException: Could not find ejbjar for component MyTools in ear I am using weblogic 8.1 sp3. java 1.4.2_12 Here is the weblogic-ejb-jar.xml: MyTools True MyTools UtilEJB Util Here is the ejb-jar.xml: MyTools MyPackage.webservices.MyToolsHome MyPackage.webservices.MyToolsRemote MyPackage.webservices.MyTools Stateless Container ejb/Util Session MyPackage.util.UtilLocalHome MyPackage.util.UtilLocal UtilEJB UtilEJB MyPackage.util.UtilLocalHome MyPackage.util.UtilLocal MyPackage.util.UtilEJB Stateless Container MyTools * Required UtilEJB * Required Here are the relevant build.xml targets: The autotype and the source2wsdd work properly. But the clientgen gives this error: [clientgen] Generating client jar for MyTools.ear ... BUILD FAILED file:c:/opt/MyProject/build.xml:246: weblogic.webservice.tools.build.WSBuildException: Could not find ejbjar for component MyTools in ear what is causing this? I can find no reference to this problem anywhere. help! thanks, Walter
  2. ok, I found the error. I needed an application.xml describing the ear file: MyToolsWeb.war mytools MyToolsEJB.jar and I needed to add a target in build.xml to put the application.xml into the appropriate dir: <!-- Create the build directory structure used by compile and copy the deployment descriptors into it-->