Java gets mentioned in Dilbert

Discussions

News: Java gets mentioned in Dilbert

1. Java gets mentioned in Dilbert (8 messages)

Even Scott Adams gives Java a nod! Your Humble Editor isn't aware of Mssr. Adams mentioning a specific programming language in Dilbert before, but now Java gets mentioned as replacing an employee entirely - except for the incompetent parts. However, I wonder... did he use Groovy for anything? JRuby? JavaFX? Jython? Java 7? What license did he use? Did he use an application server? An ESB? ... [At this point, Your Humble Editor wonders if he really, truly, honestly needs a life.]

Threaded Messages (8)

2. None of the above[ Go to top ]

... did he use Groovy for anything? JRuby? JavaFX? Jython? Java 7? What license did he use? Did he use an application server? An ESB? ... [At this point, Your Humble Editor wonders if he really, truly, honestly needs a life.]
    Dilbert is to smart to bother with such silliness. Dilbert is a pro and he delivers. JavaFX? really? Are we still talking about that?
  3. Re: None of the above[ Go to top ]

Dilbert is smart. He doesn't fall for cheap "Flavor of the months". He will remain true Java programmer.
  4. Re: None of the above[ Go to top ]

... did he use Groovy for anything? JRuby? JavaFX? Jython? Java 7? What license did he use? Did he use an application server? An ESB? ... [At this point, Your Humble Editor wonders if he really, truly, honestly needs a life.]

Dilbert is to smart to bother with such silliness. Dilbert is a pro and he delivers. JavaFX? really? Are we still talking about that?
    Well, I am, of course, still watching from the fence... but ouch! The implication that I'm not smart enough to not bother with such silliness....
  5. Re: None of the above[ Go to top ]

Is he "to" smart, "two" smart, or "too" smart? Dilbert seems old-school so I wonder if he just used Java 1.1. Or, horrors, J++.
  6. Re: Java gets mentioned in Dilbert[ Go to top ]

I thought JavaFX was a cable franchise in Indonesia.
  7. Re: Java gets mentioned in Dilbert[ Go to top ]

For me this is a clear indication that the popularity of Java is so high that Jonathan Schwartz was perfectly right in changing Suns stock ticker. Even although his blog was getting pretty hot of this, he has two friends: Dilbert and me ;-)
  8. Re: Java gets mentioned in Dilbert[ Go to top ]

Your Humble Editor isn't aware of Mssr. Adams mentioning a specific programming language in Dilbert before
    From the animated series it is revealed the company's mainframe, Black Betty, was programmed in COBOL
  9. Re: Java gets mentioned in Dilbert[ Go to top ]

The comic is not available now at homepage link provided above. We need to access it here. http://www.dilbert.com/comics/dilbert/archive/dilbert-20070907.html