Wise 1.0: A generic WS client with web based user interface

Discussions

News: Wise 1.0: A generic WS client with web based user interface

1. Wise is an acronym: Wise Invokes Services Easily. In a nutshell it is a web application designed to call a generic web-service given the wsdl only. Wise parses the wsdl and dynamically generates a web interface to call the service and read the result. It is designed to be used by non-programmers (for example QA testers), but it is very useful for developers as well since it is easy to use for rapid tests. Wise is developed and tested mainly using the JBossWS native engine for the core, while use Seam and Richfaces for the user interface. However it works as client of any standard webservice. We've done some tests with JBossWS native and .NET endpoints, please give us a feedback of your experiences with other ws stacks. The main features are:
    • User accounts management: each user may save wsdl references in his own profile.
    • Supports WSDL password and endpoint call protection with BASIC authentication.
    • Organize request and response in a human readable tree.
    • Automatic generation of requests from associated schema with dynamic creation of optional elements (Arrays, complex types and so on).
    • Future releases will would implement some important new features like generation of java test classes (JUnit or TestNG) using input and output provided thorugh the interface or previously stored on DB: it's important to give developers the opportunity to generate unit testing starting from saved test of QA people; we are also evaluating an integration of Lms into Wise.
    It could be interesting to evaluate a possible integration of Wise into Seamgen in order to generate Seam pages to easily call webservices. For more information visit Wise's homepage: http://www.javalinuxlabs.org/wise/index.html You can access public svn and download binaries from Sourceforge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/jax-wise/ Don't forget to leave comments and to vote the poll of most wanted new features for next releases on our blog: http://www.javalinux.it
  2. I voted on the poll but the Seamgen Idea wasn't one of the choices.. So I'll take this op to vote for the Seamgen integration...
  3. I voted on the poll but the Seamgen Idea wasn't one of the choices.. So I'll take this op to vote for the Seamgen integration...
    It's because Seamgen integration would not be really a new feature of Wise, but would be a feature of Seamgen, and it isn't totally up to us. I would be curios to hear Seam's people opinions about, we think it's a good idea, but opinions from seam developers is much more important than us in these case. Anyway I added the option in the poll to get idea of the interest about (even if I think you can't vote one more I'll consider +1 for this option). Thanks for the interest
  4. In general, this looks to be useful. How does it compare to the built-in web services explorer in Eclipse? I ask because, on the whole, that does the same thing but can be a bit flaky at times. However, it does let you work with the raw XML if you need to (to an extent - it puts its own headers in which can be a pain). Sometimes, being able to pass the raw SOAP can be useful, particularly when trying to replicate client issues - can you do this or are you planning to add it?
  5. Hi Dave, you can use soapUI for this (and a lot of other things related to web services..). soapUI is open-source, extremely popular and much more powerful than the web service explorer in eclipse. Please have a look at http://www.soapui.org for more information, downloads, a user-guide, tutorials, etc.. to see if it meets your requirements! kind regards, /Ole eviware.com
  6. In general, this looks to be useful. How does it compare to the built-in web services explorer in Eclipse?
    First of all it is web based. It's an important aspect because it is centralized and QA people (as said part of our target users) are not used to install Eclipse. As centralized system some results can be easily shared and in particular the opportunity to save request/response (in next versions) would be a good way to communicate tests results between QA and developers.
    Sometimes, being able to pass the raw SOAP can be useful, particularly when trying to replicate client issues - can you do this or are you planning to add it?
    It's planned within the integration of Lms into Wise. Lms is particularly useful in debugging SOAP communication operating like a transparent proxy and logging any HTTP traffic (header and body). With integration of two products we would be able to capture real XML exchanged between client and server, eventually modify XML of the request and resend it to the server and view its new response (XML or wrapped by user interface). How do you feel with this feature? Is it what you need? Feel free to suggest something more if it doesn't cover your needs. Thanks for the interest
  7. Wise 1.0.1[ Go to top ]

Just released on sf version 1.0.1. It works with JBossWS 2.0.1. From the changelog: ******* Wise 1.0.1 ******** * This is a minor release, just adding support to JBossWS 2.0.1; this version 1.0.1 works with JBossWS 2.0.1. If you are using JbossWS 2.0.0 please use Wise 1.0. Some difference in JBossWS libs force us to have two different version of Wise strictly coupled with JBossWS version deployed on the server. Thanks to Sebastian Otaegui who reported the problem.
  8. link http://www.javalinuxlabs.org/wise/index.html is not working