Log4j Warning

Discussions

Web tier: servlets, JSP, Web frameworks: Log4j Warning

1. Log4j Warning (1 messages)

hi, I have configured Log4j for my application and when i start the tomcat server i am able to see some log4j warnings like this: log4j: WARN: No appenders could be found for logger (org.apache.commons.beanutils.Convertutils ). log4j: WARN: Please initialize the log4j system properly. Could anyone have idea about this problem. I dont want this messages to be comming. Is there any changes to be made. please help me.

Threaded Messages (1)

2. Re: Log4j Warning[ Go to top ]

Bear in mind log4j only does static initialisation if you supply log4j.configuration system property or have log4j.properties in your classpath. If you are using servlet or IoC-container based initialisation you might well have your server/container trying to log something while the log4j initialisation is still to be done. That is when those messages are popping up. As a fix you can put "global" log4j.properties file with logging switched off into your classpath and it will be picked up by main ClassLoader but have specific config and initialisation for your application. And do not forget to take a look at the manual.