Discussions

News: jMaki 1.0 released: client/server framework for Ajax

1. Greg Murray has announced the release of jMaki 1.0, a client/server framework for Ajax that normalizes component APIs, provides convenient server access from PHP and Java, and also provides layouts and IDE integration. jMaki provides a set of pre-wrapped, popular, third-party widgets from Dojo, script.acu.lous and other vendors. jMaki is a part of the Sun Web Developer Pack (SWDP). Probably the most confusing aspect of jMaki is building the data models for the components (which include accordion components, clocks, RSS readers, layouts, date pickers, and other similar components). There's a wiki page documenting some of the data models; detailed component documentation, by component, would be nice.

Threaded Messages (7)

2. Ok, now we know about jMaki. How did it really help you? I mean, be honest with yourself. TechTarget got benefitted more than you as a person did. What are your options really, flat ass Joseph?
  3. Ok, now we know about jMaki. How did it really help you? I mean, be honest with yourself. TechTarget got benefitted more than you as a person did. What are your options really, flat ass Joseph?
    With all due respect, could you take this out of the thread and into email? If you've a problem with me or the posting (not sure which?), fine, but it doesn't belong here.
  4. Uncalled for[ Go to top ]

This kind of personal attack does not belong here.
  5. Re: Uncalled for[ Go to top ]

This kind of personal attack does not belong here.
    +1 Pretty innocuous post to go ballistic on.
  6. How would you like the samples?[ Go to top ]

Hi, The reason we moved to the data models was that most of the core widgets depend on them. If you are looking for the different parameters that you can configure a widget with we have them listed here: https://ajax.dev.java.net/docs/jmdocs/index.html We will try to make this more obvious and easy to get to. Is there any thing else you would like to see us do better?
  7. Congratulations! I really like the architecture and idea of the framework. I am playing with it for a 3 days now and like it so far.
  8. NB 6 ?[ Go to top ]

Congratulations for the release! Any news on a plugin for Netbeans 6 ? or the old plugin (NB5) should work on it ? Sandro.