, an open-source Web services development framework, has been released.
XINS accepts the following protocols: REST, SOAP, XML-RPC, XML, Yahoo! JSON and JSON-RPC.
From the specification of the API written in simple XML, XINS generates:
- Documentation of the specifications and implementations in HTML and in OpenDocument format
- Test forms, for testing your applications with a browser
- Client-side Java code, supporting load-balancing, fail-over and time-out handling
- Server-side Java skeleton
- Web application (WAR file)
- WSDL, for SOAP-interoperability
- SMD, for the Dojo toolkit
- Unit test code, based on JUnit
- Stubs, typically used for testing
The 2.1 release adds the following main features:
- Start the API with java -jar .war
- Improved generated specification in OpenDocument Format
- Include/exclude calling convention with ACLs
- New calling convention that maps SOAP request and response as the wsdl2api command mapping.
- Swing Graphical User Interface