Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: Entity BMP Caching Problem

1. Entity BMP Caching Problem (5 messages)

Here's the situation: I have an Account Entity Bean which is loaded using stored procedures. The way my system is build the primary key is always known. So here lies the problem. I left the ejbCreate empty since this is a read-only application. Inside my ejbFindByPrimaryKey, I simply return the primary key that was passed to it. I do all my loading of the entity bean inside the ejbLoad. Now if I were to access an account, it loads perfectly but if I come back to that account later. It never finds the cached entity bean it always uses the stored procedures to load. Any ideas... is my deployment descriptors... do I need to change my ejbFindByPrimaryKey??? Thanks

Threaded Messages (5)

2. Entity BMP Caching Problem[ Go to top ]

This is the exact order of functions called on a single ejbFindByPrimaryKey... any ideas?

ejbFindByPrimaryKey
    ejbActivate
    ejbLoad
          DB connection established
               at 'jdbc:sybase:Tds:160.229.145.145:4100'
                     Calling {call CSW.dbo.GetCustodyInfo(?)}
    ejbPassivate
    ejbActivate
    ejbLoad
    ejbStore
    ejbPassivate
    ejbActivate
    ejbLoad
    ejbPassivate
  3. Entity BMP Caching Problem[ Go to top ]

What exactly seems to be the problem.....are u bothered about the ajbLoad being called again and again. Whats the stored procedure u were talking bout? In Case it is the multiple ejbLoad calls u can just increase the timeout interval.
    Sahil
  4. Entity BMP Caching Problem[ Go to top ]

It's the multiple ejbLoad calls. Is that normal on a single ejbFindByPrimaryKey that it calls ebjLoad, ejbActivate and ejbPassivate so many times. With regards to the stored procedure... its the same one being called three times. (CSW.dbo.GetCustodyInfo)
  5. Entity BMP Caching Problem[ Go to top ]

Wow! One call to findByPrimaryKey resulted in so many container callbacks! This can't be real! Which app server are you using (I hope it is not WebLogic)? I really can't understand why the ejbPassivate and ejbActivate callbacks happened three times.
  6. Entity BMP Caching Problem[ Go to top ]

Websphere... anyone have any ideas?