iBatis vs Hibernate

Discussions

Blogs: iBatis vs Hibernate

1. iBatis vs Hibernate (5 messages)

Mark Richards -- an Architect at IBM -- talks about the decision criteria behind choosing iBatis or Hibernate for your Java persistence needs.
    Hibernate works very well when your data model is in sync with you relational model. However, iBatis maps results sets to objects, so we don't care about the table structures, this works very well for stored procedures and reporting applications.
    See Mark Richards video podcast: http://www.nofluffjuststuff.com/media.jsp?mediaId=27

Threaded Messages (5)

2. Re: iBatis vs Hibernate[ Go to top ]

Interesting. But he did not comment enough on doing CRUD with iBatis (as if it is mostly suitable for Reports and complex joins, ...). I always have this problem when I need to join several tables (sometimes more than 10) but I am not interested in mixing Hibernate and iBatis.
  3. Re: iBatis vs Hibernate[ Go to top ]

Nice overview of common application for both Hibernate and iBatis, pretty clear separation there. As far as CRUD goes, I think he said enough, with iBatis you will have to wrtite SQL.
  4. Re: iBatis vs Hibernate[ Go to top ]

DUH! From the first look at iBatis you can understand that it's not suited for simple CRUD. 2+2=4 ...
  5. Presentation taken down[ Go to top ]

I clicked on the link, registered, everything, but there is no presentation here for iBatis vs Hibernate... just a short bio. I wonder why the link was taken down?
  6. Video plays fine for me[ Go to top ]

I clicked on the link, registered, everything, but there is no presentation here for iBatis vs Hibernate... just a short bio. I wonder why the link was taken down?
    Video plays fine for me