Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: Best Application Server

1. Best Application Server (11 messages)

Which is the best Application server available in terms of creating configuration files,deployment etc.

Threaded Messages (11)

2. +1 for JBoss
  3. +1 for WebSphere
  4. Check Weblogic IBM java websphere website is most confusion one ..... IBM wrote good white paper but you need to dig to find it where Quality of Websphere ? Even worse than Tomcat , not even comparable to JBoss. The best of application server ---- Weblogic
  5. Jboss[ Go to top ]

I would say Jboss with the "Redhat developer studio" would be a good choice for end to end application development. In commercial products weblogic is to me the best. Senthil
  6. Check Weblogic
    IBM java websphere website is most confusion one .....
    IBM wrote good white paper but you need to dig to find it where

Quality of Websphere ? Even worse than Tomcat , not even comparable to JBoss.

The best of application server ---- Weblogic
    Yes.. I agree that IBM website is too organized/categorized that one has to dig deep to find what he wants. Also agree that IBM is costly compared to other servers and support.. and tools. But leaving all those aside.. I think WebSphere and WSAD/RAD are the best softwares. I have used weblogic ide.. its pathetic... compared to Weblogic.. WebSphere is faster in loading and starting up... Weblogic takes hours to startup.
  7. End of the Day[ Go to top ]

End of the day, any application server that meets the requirement of the business and keep the business up and running, and be able to develop application rapidly are good to exist. And that’s the reason we have top list of servers that always compete each other in the application server space. It’s somebody who makes decision of which one to choose based on few of the criteria I could think of. 1. Server performance numbers. 2. Ease of development (Tools). 3. Cost effectiveness. 4. Community activeness. 5. Specification compliance. 6. Backward compatibility. 7. Service & Support. Thanks, Senthil Balakrishnan
  8. Resin Open Source provides JSP, Servlet, and EJB functionality Java Developer
  9. Re: Best Application Server[ Go to top ]

Well! Whenever We start talking about application servers, we cannot just come out of our own cage. Weblogic is good, JBOSS is better, webshpere is fantastic. This are the names we always have to doll out. But what about other players. I have worked on Pramati Server and I find it the most suitable in terms of configuration and deployment.You can change your configuration in runtime.Deployment is easy because the deployement tool tells you everything you need for deployment.Resource configuration is very easy. Now I am not talking about annotations though
  10. Re: Best Application Server[ Go to top ]

This is a debatable issue depends who has seen elephant from which angle. Servers will be rated from Developer, Administrator & Debugging an Prod issue prospective Programmers ----------- Weblogic-5/5 JBoss-3/5 WebSphere-3/5 Administaration ----------- Weblogic-4/5 JBoss-5/5 WebSphere-3/5 Debug an Issue :( ------------- Weblogic 4/5 Jboss 3/5 Websphere -5/5 yes u read it correct MINUS 5 out of 5
  11. quick question[ Go to top ]

tell me for how many years you have been playing with app servers(5 - 10 - 15)..

jus curious because the way you rate makes no sense to me.

the performace of all app servers are at the best provide you deploy the well written code...else u know how a server behaves.......... :)

12. Best App Server[ Go to top ]

That's a great quetion. First, I would determine the reason I need the server. A lot of Java, Cost efficiency, internal GUI for you, Security and so forth. More or less an app server should allow you to be able to run an interactive DATABASE LIST framework (java not needed), like your list of contacts, or your list of inventory . I have researched app servers on google.com and found a few.

Oracle Industrial - Comprehensive Java and Apps, High Cost
    Hot Rock Hosting Commercial - Moderate Java and Apps, Low Cost
    Blogger Residential - Limited Java and 1 app (blog), Free

enjoy ;)