JOnAS 5 release candidate announced, offering Java EE and OSGi

Discussions

News: JOnAS 5 release candidate announced, offering Java EE and OSGi

1. ObjectWeb has announced the release of JOnAS 5, an open-source (LGPL) application server which provides Java EE 5 compatibility with an OSGi architecture. Part of JOnAS 5 is the JASMINe project, which monitors JOnAS clusters and provides deployment services. The release candidate will be available on Dec 14, 2007. JOnAS is billed as "Java EE compatible" rather than a licensee or as a Java EE implementation; it offers Java EE features such as EJB3, but has not passed certification yet. Congratulations to the ObjectWeb project for another release of JOnAS!

Threaded Messages (4)

2. Will JOTM be updated too?[ Go to top ]

Great news! Hopefully this means that JoTM (http://jotm.objectweb.org/) will finally be updated too now. The last update is from early 2005. There are several known issues with the current 2.0.10 release. If I'm not mistaken, the JoTM team always said that a new release depended on the new version of JOnAS. JOTM may be important for some people, as it's the only standalone JTA transaction manager (and thus can be used with plain Tomcat).
  3. Re: Will JOTM be updated too?[ Go to top ]

JOTM may be important for some people, as it's the only standalone JTA transaction manager (and thus can be used with plain Tomcat).
    Nope. There is Bitronix and Atomikos, too.
  4. Re: Will JOTM be updated too?[ Go to top ]

JOTM may be important for some people, as it's the only standalone JTA transaction manager (and thus can be used with plain Tomcat).

Nope. There is Bitronix and Atomikos, too.
    I see, thanks for the references. I appears Bitronix is a fairly recent development though, their history dates back to only 8 August 2007. Atomikos has apparently existed somewhat longer, but has only been releases as open source a couple of months ago.
  5. Re: Will JOTM be updated too?[ Go to top ]

And http://jencks.org, which uses components from Geronimo. Unfortunately, there isn't too much activity there...