Discussions

News: Editorial: It isn't April 1? How about eggnog? Blame eggnog?

1. Erm... TSS readers might have noticed some odd content on TSS since late afternoon, December 19. Mainly... content focused squarely at .Net... NAnt, ADO.Net, for example. We're trying to find a valid excuse for it... all we can do is say it was a mistake, and blame the holiday season or something like that! Just to set the record straight: TSS.com is definitely still your Enterprise Java community and won't be covering .Net topics except as they relate to Java. Sorry about that! (Don't forget: TSSJS 2008 is coming up, and there won't be any .Net coverage there, either. Really. And we can't say that about Java One.)

Threaded Messages (12)

2. I am not buying it. This is obviously part of some larger conspiracy. First one or two articles...then a retraction...next month some random articles on WPF and Silverlight...and by March just mentioning Java in a post will get you banned. :-) P.S. I think i gotta lay off the eggnog too.
  3. Grow up[ Go to top ]

Is there a special reason why .net subjects SHOULD not be reported in TSS? is it called the server side or the java side ? Keep saying the mantra java is the *right* thing will not make it be true. There is no one hammer for all nails, .net surley adecuate for some of them. grow up.
  4. Re: Grow up[ Go to top ]

Is there a special reason why .net subjects SHOULD not be reported in TSS? is it called the server side or the java side ?

Keep saying the mantra java is the *right* thing will not make it be true. There is no one hammer for all nails, .net surley adecuate for some of them.

grow up.
    Well... .Net isn't a forbidden topic for TSS.com, certainly. But this site is geared for Enterprise Java, not just Enterprise... so I'd say that .Net is appropriate where it intersects with Java, and not especially otherwise. .Net readers are encouraged to check out our sister site, http://TheServerSide.net, as well.
  5. Your brain bretays you...[ Go to top ]

Is there a special reason why .net subjects SHOULD not be reported in TSS? is it called the server side or the java side ?

Keep saying the mantra java is the *right* thing will not make it be true. There is no one hammer for all nails, .net surley adecuate for some of them.

grow up.
    Well... .Net isn't a forbidden topic for TSS.com, certainly. But this site is geared for Enterprise Java, not just Enterprise... so I'd say that .Net is appropriate where it intersects with Java, and not especially otherwise. .Net readers are encouraged to check out our sister site, http://TheServerSide.net, as well.
    Hey Joseph, With that "," in the http://TheServerSide.net link are you trying to ban the site and asking us to trust you? :OD Alberto
  6. I was joking in case you totally missed it (and judging from your response...you did) P.S. I actually worked in .Net for nearly 5 years...but I still prefer Java.
  7. I didn't notice the .NET posts as I read both server sides in Google Reader... :D
  8. DOT what?[ Go to top ]

.NET? Sounds familiar, but can't remember what it's all about. Is that stuff still being used? :)
  9. Re: DOT what?[ Go to top ]

.NET? Sounds familiar, but can't remember what it's all about. Is that stuff still being used? :)
    :) it's not that bad as you think especially asp.net component set is better than any individual jsf component set (that's what I heard :p)
  10. Re: DOT what?[ Go to top ]

:) it's not that bad as you think especially asp.net component set is better than any individual jsf component set (that's what I heard :p)
    So you're telling me that you *heard* asp.net components are better than any JSF component set on the market(forgetting that -- and I can't believe I'm saying this -- JSF isn't the only player in the Java space)? Second hand hear-say. Mmmmm. I'm sold! ;)
  11. I couldn't differentiate from infoq. Kept looking for the checkbox to filter out .Net.
  12. I couldn't differentiate from infoq. Kept looking for the checkbox to filter out .Net.
    I told Joe the same thing. :P
  13. hani suleiman - where is he these days?? we need some comments from hani.