Discussions

XML & Web services: NullPointer Exception while invoking web service

1. NullPointer Exception while invoking web service (2 messages)

I am calling a web service and getting this exception: java.lang.NullPointerException at weblogic.wsee.wsdl.soap11.SoapBindingOperation.narrow(SoapBindingOperation.java:82) at weblogic.wsee.ws.WSBuilderHelper.populateParts(WSBuilderHelper.java:1033) at weblogic.wsee.ws.WSBuilderHelper.populateOperation(WSBuilderHelper.java:261) at weblogic.wsee.ws.WSBuilderHelper.populateOperations(WSBuilderHelper.java:236) at weblogic.wsee.ws.WSBuilderHelper.populatePort(WSBuilderHelper.java:173) at weblogic.wsee.ws.WSBuilderHelper.buildWsPort(WSBuilderHelper.java:129) at weblogic.wsee.ws.WSBuilderHelper.buildService(WSBuilderHelper.java:97) at weblogic.wsee.ws.WsBuilder.buildService(WsBuilder.java:230) at weblogic.wsee.ws.WsFactory.createClientService(WsFactory.java:45) at weblogic.wsee.jaxrpc.ServiceImpl.init(ServiceImpl.java:143) at weblogic.wsee.jaxrpc.ServiceImpl.(ServiceImpl.java:111) at L2C_Provisioning_Order_Service_Impl.(L2C_Provisioning_Order_Service_Impl.java:23) at L2C_Provisioning_Order_Service_Impl.(L2C_Provisioning_Order_Service_Impl.java:17) at InvokeWebservicePlugin.fnInvokeWebservice(InvokeWebservicePlugin.java:37) at Main.main(Main.java:22) Any idea what the error is. I have the code for class i nvoking the web service, if it is needed to debug the problem. Thanks Kris

Threaded Messages (2)

2. weblogic.wsee.wsdl.soap11.SoapBindingOperation.narrow(SoapBindingOperation.java:82)

I have found that I get this NullPointerException, when I deploy a JAX-RPC implementation of Web Services defined by a WSDL where the operations declared in the portType do not have exact matching operations declared in the binding. I would also be careful to declare the operations in the same order as the methods in the Java implementation class. The jwsc compiler is complaining about all the constraints that JAX-RPC cares about, and you don't see a problem until the runtime throws a NullPointerException.

Good luck!

Ben

3. Debug your code[ Go to top ]

I am calling a web service and getting this exception: java.lang.NullPointerException at weblogic.wsee.wsdl.soap11.SoapBindingOperation.narrow(SoapBindingOperation.java:82) at weblogic.wsee.ws.WSBuilderHelper.populateParts(WSBuilderHelper.java:1033) at weblogic.wsee.ws.WSBuilderHelper.populateOperation(WSBuilderHelper.java:261) at weblogic.wsee.ws.WSBuilderHelper.populateOperations(WSBuilderHelper.java:236) at weblogic.wsee.ws.WSBuilderHelper.populatePort(WSBuilderHelper.java:173) at weblogic.wsee.ws.WSBuilderHelper.buildWsPort(WSBuilderHelper.java:129) at weblogic.wsee.ws.WSBuilderHelper.buildService(WSBuilderHelper.java:97) at weblogic.wsee.ws.WsBuilder.buildService(WsBuilder.java:230) at weblogic.wsee.ws.WsFactory.createClientService(WsFactory.java:45) at weblogic.wsee.jaxrpc.ServiceImpl.init(ServiceImpl.java:143) at weblogic.wsee.jaxrpc.ServiceImpl.(ServiceImpl.java:111) at L2C_Provisioning_Order_Service_Impl.(L2C_Provisioning_Order_Service_Impl.java:23) at L2C_Provisioning_Order_Service_Impl.(L2C_Provisioning_Order_Service_Impl.java:17) at InvokeWebservicePlugin.fnInvokeWebservice(InvokeWebservicePlugin.java:37) at Main.main(Main.java:22) Any idea what the error is. I have the code for class i nvoking the web service, if it is needed to debug the problem. Thanks Kris

Simple and easiest answer is to debug your code. Find your code line by line and look for the value which is not being passed correctly. You will find the error youself.