Discussions

News: Jt 2.1 released, J2EE Pattern Oriented Framework

1. Jt 2.1 released, J2EE Pattern Oriented Framework (9 messages)

Jt2.1 has been released. Jt is a pattern oriented framework for the rapid implementation of J2EE applications. Jt has been utilized in several large mission critical systems. Jt implements many well-known patterns including Data Access Objects (DAO), GoF design patterns and J2EE patterns. This framework integrates with several BPM and J2EE technologies including Struts, Java Server Pages (JSPs), AJAX, JDBC, EJBs, JMS, JavaMail, XML and Web Services. Jt2.1 features several enhancements to the Jt components and a version of the JtWizard web application. This demo application is based on the Jt framework. Additional features include:
    • Jt implements many well-known design patterns. This includes Data Access Objects (DAO), adapters for several J2EE APIs, Gang of Four (GoF) design patterns and J2EE patterns.
    • Jt implements a messaging pattern/API: framework objects are able to interchange information and perform computations by sending, receiving and processing messages. The messaging paradigm provides provides stronger encapsulation and looser coupling.
    • Implemented J2EE design patterns include J2EE business delegate, J2EE Session Facade, J2EE Service Locator and J2EE Value Object.
    • The framework can be easily extended by implementing additional Jt adapters and helpers.
    • Web Services integration via the implementation of Web Services adapters and proxies. The Jt messaging API greatly simplifies the development and deployment of web services.
    • Support for business process modeling (BPM). A jBPM adapter is provided within the Jt framework. jBPM is an open source implementation of the BPM technology. A Jt application can now be modeled using a process graph. This provides users with a very powerful way of modeling business processes.
    • Integration with the MVC (Model View Controller) design pattern and Ajax. Universal Jt components and adapters provide a transparent interface between the Jt framework API and these technologies. The business logic (controller piece) can be implemented using Jt framework components and/or BPM business processes.
    • Integration with the Hibernate implementation of Data Access Objects (DAO). A Jt adapter provides a transparent interface between the Jt framework and Hibernate DAOs.
    • JDBC integration via a JDBC adapter.
    • The Command pattern implementation supports a request log, a queueing mechanism and undoable operations.
    • JavaMail API integration via the implementation of a JavaMail adapter
    • Integration with J2EE Enterprise Java Beans (EJBs) via Jt Adapters and proxies. EJB clients are able to gain transparent access to remote framework objects. No need to deal with the complexities of EJB application development. An implementation of the J2EE Service Locator pattern is also provided.
    • Easy customization of framework applications. This is done via resource files: object attributes can be automatically loaded from a resource file.
    • Java Server Pages (JSP) integration.
    • Integration with the XML APIs via XML helpers and built-in bean/XML mapping capabilities.
    • Built-in logging/debugging capabilities. Messages between framework objects are automatically logged. This simplifies the debugging and testing tasks.
    • Built-in testing capabilities.
    • Efficient and lightweight in terms of memory utilization.
    • The Jt Framework provides a consistent way of handling and logging application messages, errors and exceptions.
    • Proven technology. The Jt framework has been used for the development of several large enterprise applications.
    • Integration with the asynchronous Java Message Service (JMS). Jt messages can be sent and received via JMS adapters.
    • Cross-platform, implemented using JavaTM technology.
    • Integration with the Eclipse environment.
    • Runs on any J2EE 1.4 compatible application server.

Threaded Messages (9)

2. Can't understand[ Go to top ]

I'm struggling to understand what does your framework. Is it a full Java EE stack? Is it a wrapper/adapter around all known frameworks? Is it a code generator?
  3. Re: Can't understand[ Go to top ]

+1 So it integrates and has adapters for everything. It implements all the great patterns (and J2EE anti-patterns). It makes EJB development easy (sounds like its talking about pre EJB3 - which going by the release history would suggest it is) But what is its purpose ? And why do products get randomly posted on this site, when it is clear nobody has veto'ed their intent/purpose (or timeliness to market) ?
  4. Re: Can't understand[ Go to top ]

... why do products get randomly posted on this site, when it is clear nobody has veto'ed their intent/purpose (or timeliness to market) ?
    Perhaps that's the reason TSS posted the announcement, to give people a chance to offer a thumbs-up or thumbs-down?
  5. I agree with the post[ Go to top ]

I don't know what is wrong with the post. Isn't this website primarily goal is to get awareness among various developers and desginers about the latest happenings in J2EE. If i am wrong, please correct me.
  6. I can understand[ Go to top ]

Perhaps that's the reason TSS posted the announcement, to give people a chance to offer a thumbs-up or thumbs-down
    One look at the source code makes this an easy decision. It's a thumbs-up if you're looking for the following: 1. Lots of magic strings 2. Lots of casts - all the classes have a "public Object processMessage(Object)" method with big if/else blocks based on magic strings. Fun! 3. "Unit tests" are just main methods in classes, and they don't use JUnit - they don't even make assertions, they just print stuff out. I guess this must be a useful framework for the people who originally built stuff on it. I can't imagine why on earth anyone else would use it.
  7. Re: Can't understand[ Go to top ]

... why do products get randomly posted on this site, when it is clear nobody has veto'ed their intent/purpose (or timeliness to market) ?
    Perhaps that's the reason TSS posted the announcement, to give people a chance to offer a thumbs-up or thumbs-down?
    I see - so you posted it just over 3 months ago: http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=47484#242302 It got a general thumbs down ... so 2nd time around, you think its worth posting again because it might get a thumbs up.
  8. Re: Can't understand[ Go to top ]

I see - so you posted it just over 3 months ago:
    http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=47484#242302

It got a general thumbs down ... so 2nd time around, you think its worth posting again because it might get a thumbs up.
    Pardon me, I'm having to restrain my sarcasm here... Mr. Coll, just because something doesn't impress someone once doesn't mean that it won't change. Change is ... change. If we assume that an initial failure is the same as a final result, we'd still be using COBOL. Or B. (MAYBE BCPL.)
  9. Re: Can't understand[ Go to top ]

I see - so you posted it just over 3 months ago:
    http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=47484#242302

It got a general thumbs down ... so 2nd time around, you think its worth posting again because it might get a thumbs up.
    Pardon me, I'm having to restrain my sarcasm here...

Mr. Coll, just because something doesn't impress someone once doesn't mean that it won't change. Change is ... change. If we assume that an initial failure is the same as a final result, we'd still be using COBOL. Or B. (MAYBE BCPL.)
    Pity it hasn't changed then ...
  10. It must be ...[ Go to top ]

So it integrates and has adapters for everything.
    It implements all the great patterns (and J2EE anti-patterns).
    It makes EJB development easy ...
    But what is its purpose ?
    It must be Spring.