Version 2.3 of VTD-XML (http://vtd-xml.sf.net
), the next generation, document-centric XML processing suite, is now released. To download the latest version, please visit http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=110612&package_id=120172
Below is a list of new features and enhancements in this version.
* Transcoding capability is now added for inter-document cut and paste. You can cut a chuck of bytes in a UTF-8 encoded document and paste it into a UTF-16 encoded document and the output document is still well-formed.
* VTDException is now introduced as the root class for all other VTD-XML's exception classes (per suggestion of Max Rahder).
* ISO-8859-10, ISO-8859-11, ISO-8859-12, ISO-8859-13, ISO-8859-14 and ISO-8859-15 support has now been added
* Zero length Text node is now possible.
* Ability to dump in-memory copy of text is added.
* Various code cleanup, enhancement and bug fixes.
Also the latest performance benchmarks are also released. On a Core2 duo 2.5Ghz machine, VTD-XML achieves a sustained throughput upto 120MB/sec. The benchmark reports are available below
* Parsing Only: http://www.ximpleware.com/2.3/benchmark_2.3_parsing_only.html
* XPath Only: http://www.ximpleware.com/2.3/benchmark_2.3_xpath.html
* Parsing/XPath/Update: http://www.ximpleware.com/2.3/benchmark_2.3_update.html
* Indexing/XPath/Update: http://www.ximpleware.com/2.3/benchmark_2.3_indexing.html
Some of the latest articles on VTD-XML:
Below are some new articles related to VTD-XML
*Index XML documents with VTD-XML http://xml.sys-con.com/read/453082.htm
*Manipulate XML content the Ximple Way http://www.devx.com/xml/Article/36379
* VTD-XML: A new vision of XML http://www.developer.com/xml/article.php/3714051
* VTD-XML: XML Processing for the future http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cs/vtd-xml_examples.aspx