- Support for the WS-* stack includes WS-Addressing, WS-Policy WS-Security, WS-SecurityPolicy, WS-ReliableMessaging, WS-Eventing, and SOAP Message Transmission Optimization Mechanism (MTOM).
- Inversion of Control (IOC) container support – WSF/Spring enables Spring services to be exposed through an IOC container. Additionally, it offers support for editing the Axis2 booting configuration through the IOC container.
- Automated WSDL generation via the Axis2/Java code generation tool lets developers generate code for both WSDL 1.1 and WSDL 2.0. Data binding is also available with Axis Data Binding (ADB).
- Querying service support – WSF/Spring supports a querying service’s WSDL via "?wsdl", schema with "?xsd", and policies with "?policy".
- Method exclusion in Spring beans – Going beyond just exposing Spring beans, WSF/Spring allows developers to have fine-grained control over which methods get exposed as Web service operations.
News: WSO2 releases Web Services Framework for Spring
WSO2 has announced the release of WSO2 Web Services Framework for Spring 1.0, which integrates Apache Axis2 into Spring. With this framework, developers can use either a code-first or contract-first approach to web services development (where WSO2 says Spring Web Services emphasizes contract-first.) The WSO2 Web Services Framework for Spring 1.0 is released under Apache License 2.0 and is based on the open source Apache Axis2/Java Web services engine, providing developers with a tested, proven platform for enterprise-class Web services that is ready to use. Key features of WSF/Spring 1.0 are:
- Posted by: Joseph Ottinger
- Posted on: April 02 2008 12:27 EDT
- Re: WSO2 releases Web Services Framework for Spring by Amin Abbaspour on April 03 2008 01:32 EDT
- Acegi integration? by Andrey Utkin on April 03 2008 02:45 EDT
- Re: WSO2 releases Web Services Framework for Spring by Roland Altenhoven on April 03 2008 04:20 EDT
- ws-transaction by olonga henry on April 03 2008 10:24 EDT
Congratulations both to team and esp. to users. Like many others I prefer code-first approach and here is where WSO2 does the best :)
Is it possible to use Acegi with WSF/WS-Security?
There is some ACEGI integration between Rampart (the WS-Security library in WSF/Spring) and ACEGI. However, I'm sure there is more we can do. It might be better to take this discussion to the project mailing list or forum: http://wso2.org/forum/462 Paul
Automated WSDL generation via the Axis2/Java code generation tool lets developers generate code for both WSDL 1.1 and WSDL 2.0. Data binding is also available with Axis Data Binding (ADB).Congratulations - a good work, resulting in very nice features. Existing plans to support in the feature additional Stacks, e.g. Apache CFX or Metro ? Roland SOA Competence Network
does WSO2 support WS-Transaction?