ColdFusion on Glassfish

Discussions

News: ColdFusion on Glassfish

1. ColdFusion on Glassfish (4 messages)

Eduardo Pelegri-Llopart posted "ColdFusion on Glassfish" on the Aquarium, talking about a blogger's report that Adobe's ColdFusion environment runs decently on Glassfish. For one thing, that's good - for another, it reminds us that JRun is no longer being actively developed. Farewell, JRun - we hardly knew you. Some of us may not have wanted to know you, but still! It's also good to see that cross-platform (with the application servers being the platforms!) in Java EE is still alive - even while some applications still have to be altered to work in different servers. So: anyone doing ColdFusion? If you are, are you using Adobe ColdFusion, Smith, or BlueDragon?

Threaded Messages (4)

2. Re: ColdFusion on Glassfish[ Go to top ]

So: anyone doing ColdFusion?
    *crickets*
  3. Re: ColdFusion on Glassfish[ Go to top ]

So: anyone doing ColdFusion?
    *crickets*
    Heh, fair enough! That said, I know of a couple of major sites that run CF under a JVM even today...
  4. Re: ColdFusion on Glassfish[ Go to top ]

I have always tended to stick with the Adobe Version, i have looked at the other engines, but the killer aspect of the Adobe is the bundle of third party apps bundled with Coldfusion that makes it a real platform. The big difference is, you have a nice stable common platform out of the box, which doesn't have limitations of say which php.ini options are enabled. Here is a good blog entry which goes into more depth ... http://www.cfinsider.com/index.cfm/2007/11/10/Things-ColdFusion-is-not-and-Why-ColdFusion-isnt-free There have been some talk in the CF community over the issue with the class loader performance in 1.6, 1.5 runs faster with complex framework driven due to this problem. Coldfusion 8 is a very powerful solution to many problems, for some people it might be **too** simple to be cool enuff for them :)
  5. Re: ColdFusion on Glassfish[ Go to top ]

Farewell, JRun - we hardly knew you. Some of us may not have wanted to know you, but still!
    I don't think that is a fair summation of the JRun legacy. Back in the old days JRun was a formidable contender. I'm not a JRun fan by any means, but it had its day.