general j2ee

Discussions

General J2EE: general j2ee

1. general j2ee (2 messages)

hi Ladies and Gentlemen, I am following mastering jakarta struts for learning struts. In that it is mentioned that we can embed tomcat container in a java app. I tried to execute the same program in my system. when I execute the program it is showing some error that "Life Cycle Exception: StandardContext[] has not been started." One more thing I noticed is, it is creating in "D:" with the name "jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1" but it is not able to create the folder named "webapps" inside this "jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1" folder. It is showing that the directory is not readable. I also included all the libraries. I tried searching in google but I hasn't found any solution. may be I'm not properly searching or something else. I am not able to understand what the problem is and how to resolve this. Please, help me in resolving the issue. Any Help is appreciated. Thank You, sathish.g.

Threaded Messages (2)

2. Re: general j2ee[ Go to top ]

maybe u have to give permition of writing on that folder?
  3. thanks for the reply but ...[ Go to top ]

it is creating a folder called work and creating some other folders in work itself. I observed that the folder created with the name "jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1" is read-only. I will do that and then contact. Thanks for the touch