I just thought I'd post this as it may help someone else. For the last few hours I've been trying to workout the cause of the error shown below. I'm trying out CMP beans for the first time and this problem was driving me mad. The answer in the end turned out to be a due to a case mismatch, my bean's abrstract-schema-name was T2s, my EJB QL query used T2S. They are both now set to T2S and everything is working :-) - Anton. ------------------------- at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.JDBCEJBQLCompiler.compileEJBQL(JDBCEJBQLCompiler.java:153) at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.JDBCEJBQLQuery.(JDBCEJBQLQuery.java:43) ... 75 more 18:19:43,406 INFO [EJBDeployer] Deployed: file:/F:/jboss/jboss-4.0.2/server/default/deploy/EJBModule1.jar 18:19:43,421 ERROR [URLDeploymentScanner] Incomplete Deployment listing: --- MBeans waiting for other MBeans --- ObjectName: jboss.j2ee:jndiName=T2Remote,service=EJB State: FAILED Reason: org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Error compiling EJB-QL statement 'SELECT OBJECT(c) FROM T2S AS c'; - nested thro wable: (org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.ejbql.ParseException: Encountered "T2S" at line 1, column 23. Was expecting one of: "IN" ... ... ) --- MBEANS THAT ARE THE ROOT CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM --- ObjectName: jboss.j2ee:jndiName=T2Remote,service=EJB State: FAILED Reason: org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Error compiling EJB-QL statement 'SELECT OBJECT(c) FROM T2S AS c'; - nested thro wable: (org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.ejbql.ParseException: Encountered "T2S" at line 1, column 23. Was expecting one of: "IN" ... ... )