The Apache CXF team is proud to announce the availability of the 2.1 release!
is an open source services framework. CXF helps you build and develop services using frontend programming APIs, like JAX-WS. These services can speak a variety of protocols such as SOAP, XML/HTTP, RESTful HTTP, or CORBA and work over a variety of transports such as HTTP, JMS or JBI.
CXF includes a broad feature set, but it is primarily focused on the following areas:
- Web Services Standards Support: CXF supports a variety of web service standards including SOAP, the WSI Basic Profile, WSDL, WS-Addressing, WS-Policy, WS-ReliableMessaging, and WS-Security.
- Frontends: CXF supports a variety of "frontend" programming models. CXF provides a JAX-WS 2.1 Compliant frontend. It also includes a "simple frontend" which allows creation of clients and endpoints without annotations. CXF supports both contract first development with WSDL and code first development starting from Java.
- Ease of use: CXF is designed to be intuitive and easy to use. There are simple APIs to quickly build code-first services, Maven plug-ins to make tooling integration easy, JAX-WS API support, Spring 2.0 XML support to make configuration a snap, and much more.
What's new in CXF 2.1:
- JAX-WS 2.1 support - the JAX-WS implementation has been updated to the JAX-WS 2.1 specification level. Code generation is JAX-WS 2.1/JAXB 2.1 compliant.
- Initial implementation of JAX-RS 0.6 REST based service framework.
- CORBA binding merged from Yoko - JAX-WS Clients/Servers can talk IIOP to allow communication with other CORBA processess. Tooling for IDL -> WSDL, WSDL -> IDL, etc... are there to support this.
- New java2ws tooling to support better "java first" development patterns.
- xmlbeans runtime support to allow using XmlBeans for the data model.
- MANY MANY bugfixes, performance enhancements, etc... Too numerous to list individually.
Finally, the major new "non-code" feature:
- This is our first release after graduating from the incubator as a Top Level Project. Thus, this is a full "non-incubator" release. :-)
As always, we welcome feedback on our mailing lists:
Downloads are available from:
The Apache CXF Team