Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: Connection Pooling problem in Websphere 3.5

1. Connection Pooling problem in Websphere 3.5 (3 messages)

I setup connection pooling in Websphere 3.5 and it appears to work with code that is in the web app server but when the code from the ejb container tries to access it I get an error saying that I need to set unchained transactions. My database is set by default to unchained transactions. Could this problem be related to the deployment descriptors for my ejbs?
  2. HI
    there i am newbie in websphere
    can u help in doing this i want to know step by step how to create a pool of connection with oracle or any database
    and what is the default database for the websphere as weblogic is having the cloudscape
    thanx in Advance
  3. hi,
        i don't get your error. can you put the error also in the message so that i can understand and reply better...
  4. here is the error:

Exception: Stored procedure 'CSW.dbo.GetAcctByNumber' may be run only in unchained transaction mode. The 'SET CHAINED OFF' command will cause the current session to use unchained transaction mode.

I can run this stored procedure from a servlet without any problems but once I run it from an ejb I get that error.