Discussions

TSS feedback: Mastering Enterprise Java Beans - Ed Roman

1. Mastering Enterprise Java Beans - Ed Roman (47 messages)

I have downloaded the electronic version of the book - Mastering EJB. I tried to print a few pages but I am not able to ....Is there some of kind of 'built-in mechanism' which prevents printing of this pdf document(or parts of it)? : cause my printing settings are all ok : I am able to print other stuff. please let me know. I read bits and pieces of the book and I wanted to print out a few pages (it was becoming difficult to read online). Thanks

Threaded Messages (47)

2. Its a non-printable pdf. The idea is that you read it, discover its a good read, and buy the book... money well spent.
  3. hi we are trying to find a solution for removing the readonly attribute of pdf files. till then why dont you read other books on ejb published by oreilly, wrox etc.
    for any help you are most welcome
    prashant mathur
  4. Hi,
     Fine.If you badly want to print that book open that .pdf in any picture drawing tool(example bitmapviewer)and try to print that.It will do it for you.But it'll take lot of printing resources.I've another method of printing that book,that is somewhat tedious too;
    prabu
  5. The solution to print the book it's not in the pdf file.It's in Acrobat Reader.The idea it's that when in the
    pdf it's crypted that the document has a blocked resource (i.e. not printable) than Acrobat Reader will disable from
    it's menu that item.So you need only a patch that it's enabling the menu item.Some people did it but it's not public.
    It's faster and better to BUY THE BOOK .If everybody would steal that information, the author will not make other good books like this one.
  6. The other way to do it is convert the pdf file to html files using different tools.Then u can take print out

cheers
  7. It´s simply impossible to open a encrypted pdf file on any Image/picture tool.

There is one, not simple, solution:
    1. Download the program Advanced PDF Password Remover (at www.elcomsoft.com/apdfpr.html)
    2. Download the cracker for the program (at www.amok.am)
    3. Use the cracker
    4. Use the program to unlock the file.
  8. i have the printable version of the book.
    i could mail it to u if u need it.

9. Can you send one to me?[ Go to top ]

Thanks a lot
    friendcn@163.net

10. I'd like a copy Could you send to jcolvert77 at yahoo dot com

Thanks,

jc, sa
  11. can u send me on meenash31 at hotmail dot com.
  12. Do you guys all realize that you are participating in blatant, willing copyright infringement by printing out the book?
  13. Hi Mr. Jewell,
    I suppose that after reading these pages, the next version of the book will be only on paper form :) .
    I suppose that an electronic version of the book would be better only with an executable.This way would be harder to
    print since Acrobat Reader it's so easy to pach.

Abdoul
  14. I think the absolutely stupid thing in all this is that tousands of people that would LEARN something from simply READING the book - and going to buy it afterwards (since, by the way, it's a REALLY good buy) will be prived from such previlege because Mr. Roman finds out that some guys are simply printing the thing.

Man, OF COURSE acrobat can be patched - the question is: do you really want to break a 700 pages e-book effort (that you guys would be able to buy anyway - hey, you got internet access, so...) just for the fun of getting it for free? I actually LIKE to support Ed Roman's effort by BUYING his book. And I'll buy it AGAIN for the second edition (which, by the way, mr. Roman, I hope covers J2EE 1.3).

Regards,

Hugo
  15. Yes Hugo, you are right.
    (I hope too, the new book covers J2EE 1.3)

Abdoul
  16. hai

i would like to get a printable pdf file for mastering ejb by ed roman. kindly reply to this mail.

thanking u

bye
    ramesh
  17. I need the printable format pdf file for Mastering EJB by
    Ed Roman

thanks for u r interest
  18. Hi Ed Roman

Could you please send me a copy of printed .pdf file for "Mastering Enterprise Java beans"

Thanks a lot!

Waiting for your response..

regards,
    Diana,KUO
  19. can u send me tat printable verison???[ Go to top ]

Hi Raj,

I am in urgent need of a hard-copy of this book, Mastering EJB. A request, thereof, can u please send me the printable version at this id.

prem dot jyoti at gmail dot com

thanks and in anticipation,
      Prem.
  20. hey prithivi can u mail me that ed roman printable version as soon as possible.
    thanks
  21. printable Mastering EJB[ Go to top ]

hi Prithvi:
    Could you forward me printable version of Mastering EJB by Ed Roman's book Please .

Grateful,
    -Mala
  22. printable Mastering EJB[ Go to top ]

hi Prithvi:
    Could you forward me printable version of Mastering EJB by Ed Roman's book Please at Dev_mala at yahoo dot com

Grateful,
    -Mala
  23. Hi Prithvi,
    Could you please mail me the printable version of the pdf.
    I need it urgently.
    Please mail me at nikunj dot r dot doshi at gmail dot com
    Thanks in advance.
  24. Hi,
    Could someone please e-mail me the printable version of the pdf?

That would be much appreciated. I intent to print only few pages which I need to refer for my work. I don't want to buy the book just for this. Please e-mail me at ss_v at hotmail dot com.
    Thanks you very much!!
  25. Hi,
    Could someone please e-mail me the printable version of the pdf?

That would be much appreciated. I intent to print only few pages which I need to refer for my work. I don't want to buy the book just for this. Please e-mail me at ss_v at hotmail dot com.
    Thanks you very much!!
  26. Hi Prithvi,
    Could you please mail me the printable version of the pdf.
    I need it urgently.
    Please mail me at jose dot alanya at gmail dot com
    Thanks in advance.
  27. Hi Prithivi,
    Can you please send me the printable version of this copy at simran7aug at gamil dot com

Regards
    Simran
  28. i have the printable version of the book.

i would be very kind of you if you can send me the printable version of it.do you have mastering EJB-3rd edition printable version as well.then please send me that
    thanking you
    rohit
    my id is rohit_sahai_82@rediffmail.com
  29. Hi Prithvi Raj, i am preparing for SCBCD exam it would be very nice of you if you mail me the printable version.

Thanx

pavan_alugoju at yahoo dot co.in
  30. i have the printable version of the book.

Hi rohit
    can u send me the printable version of Mastering Enterprise Java Beans - Ed Roman book

my id is smartkiran_408 at yahoo dot co.in
  31. Hi Prithvi,

can u send me the printable version of the book (Mastering Enterprise Java Beans - Ed Roman, 2nd edition).

my mail id is smartkiran_408 at yahoo dot co dot in

Thanks in advance.
  32. Hi Prithvi,

can u send me the printable version of the book (Mastering Enterprise Java Beans - Ed Roman, any edition).

my mail id is tkle18 at gmail dot com

Thank you.
  33. Please can u send me printable version to sbvinayak at yahoo dot co dot in.
    Eforts will be apprieciated

Thanks
  34. Please can u send me printable version to sbvinayak at yahoo dot co dot in.
    Eforts will be apprieciated

Thanks
    Can any one of you please send me a printable version of the Mastering EJB Third Edition to anitha_ananth at rediff dot com. Greatly appreciate your help in this regards. Thanks
  35. Could anyone please send the printablr version of Mastering Enterprise Java Baeans 3rd edition by Ed Roman to ranajayganguly at yahoo dot co.in
  36. could u please send me the pdf..... to:pramoth_carrier17 at yahoo dot co.in
  37. urgent need a printable copy[ Go to top ]

i am in an urgent need of the printable copy as well. Could you please email me it. i have an exam on May 30th. My email is: ymasalem at hotmail dot com I'll be more than grateful thanks.
  38. Vishnu Ram[ Go to top ]

This thread is a joke - the author generously provides a PDF format so you can read the book before you buy it and you guys want to print it!

I read the PDF and bought the book - I hope, for Mr.Roman's sake, he does not provide the PDF format again - people like you do not deserve it.
  39. If you want to print it, you should just buy it. I think it's abuse, if someone is writing here, that he is working on breaking the protection. I read it as it is (from the screen), because I am used to. Here, where I live (not in the USA), there are problems buying many IT books from a store, and buying in amazon is very expensive (we have to pay extra for delivery, are not able to buy used books etc). This is a reality where most people earn on average 400$ pro month, and if a programmer earns 1000$ pro month, he has to be kind of wizard (I am a student, by the way) So, really thank you, Mr. Roman. If someone can afford it, he should always buy.
  40. try this[ Go to top ]

www.inf.utfsm.cl/~mmoossen/prj/ebooks/ Wiley%20-%20Mastering%20Enterprise%20Javabeans.pdf
  41. Hi if any of u have pritable version of Mastering Enterprise Java Beans - Ed Roman, Please send to the id jaganjaganjagan@rediffmail.com
  42. This is Shamelss..[ Go to top ]

I am shocked to see that people are shamelessly asking for the printable versions and code breaks. How much is the book anyway? It is available throughout the world. why cant we just buy it?
    Some are hardened enough not only to ask for soruce pdf on the web site that provides the free soft copy but even dont care wneh they are told that it is copyright infringement.
  43. Hi,
    Could you please send me a copy of Mastering EJB 3nd at xfanuel at gmail dot com ???
    Thanks a lot,
    Xav
  44. Hi ,

I am in need of printable copy of Mastering Enterprise Java Bean. Kindly anyone help me out in this regard. You can mail me to bsrv at rediffmail dot com.

Advance Thanx
    BSRV
  45. Hi Prithvi, can u also send me the printable version of the book (Mastering Enterprise Java Beans - Ed Roman, 2nd or 3rd edition if available). my mail id is rm_robiso at yahoo dot com Thank you and regards.
  46. Hi All, If any one of you got the printable version from prithvi or from somewhere else, please send at goel dot veenu dot it at gmail dot com. Thanks Vipin Goel
  47. Hi, I am in need of the printable version of Mastering EJB 3 edition.Pls mail me in zose@rediffmail.com
  48. Need the printable version[ Go to top ]

Hi there, I am new to EJB. Can you please send me the printable version of this edition if you have it. My email address is mulasagar at yahoo dot com Thanks in advance, Sagar.