Discussions

News: EAC4J: Apache Commons Configuration via JNDI

1. EAC4J: Apache Commons Configuration via JNDI (7 messages)

With EAC4J (External Application Configuration For Java) you can externalize your application’s configuration with Apache Commons Configuration and get a Configuration Object via simple JNDI lookup. The isolated classloader decouples all needed classes and dependencies from your application except by one interface. This is a simple Wrapper over Apache Commons Configuration, so you get all the power of it but decoupled from any additional dependency jar. And additionally you can easily reload the configuration without restart the server. This was initially developed for Glassfish V2 and has been tested on it only, but I think it would be easy to port to any other. See the article: http://www.ibstaff.net/fmartinez/?p=52
  2. Sound interesting. I'll definitely give this at try.
  3. I'll take a look, but I just typically deploy a JMX module (a .sar) in JBoss in each environment (DEV, UAT, PROD) with all the config properties. That way, the .war deployed is *almost* config-less, except for c3p0 settings, since I don't trust JBoss connection pooling.
  4. Nice approach. I will explore JMX in glassfish ...
  5. except for c3p0 settings, since I don't trust JBoss connection pooling.
    Slightly off topic, but why don't you trust Jboss connection pooling?
  6. except for c3p0 settings, since I don't trust JBoss connection pooling.

1. Since moving to c3p0 my app is solid, and doesn't crash with out of connection messages. 2. The comments in the JBoss connection pool code scare me.
  7. except for c3p0 settings, since I don't trust JBoss connection pooling.

1. Since moving to c3p0 my app is solid, and doesn't crash with out of connection messages.

2. The comments in the JBoss connection pool code scare me.
    I see, any pointer to one of these comments?
  8. I see, any pointer to one of these comments?
    http://fisheye.jboss.org/browse/JBossAS/trunk/connector/src/main/org/jboss/resource/connectionmanager/JBossManagedConnectionPool.java Try Googling for JBoss connection pool leak. I think JBoss is great, I just time have time to faff about with their dodgy connection pool in a production system.