Saltmarch Media Announces Schedule for Business Technology Summit 2008
IBM and WebEx Sponsors at Business Technology Summit. Early Bird Registrations Close August 30.
Bangalore – August 27, 2008 - Saltmarch Media has announced the program for Business Technology Summit - http://www.btsummit.com
- scheduled for September 22 through 26 at the NIMHANS Convention Center in Bangalore and Grand Hyatt in Mumbai. The event is shaping up to be the premier event focused on SOA, Web Services, ECM, Virtualization and Cloud Computing. The schedule combines keynotes, sessions, workshops and expo in an interactive meeting ground for innovative business technology experts and companies. The summit is expected to bring together over 800 professionals from some of the most exciting and fastest-growing companies in India as well as from the large and active business technology community.
Sponsored by IBM and WebEx among others, Business Technology Summit features the hottest technologies on India's business technology radar that are not only exhibiting attributes such as cost savings, flexibility, application re-use and faster response times but also charting pronounced inflection points in their evolution.
The 2008 edition of Saltmarch Media's Business Technology (BT) Summit centered around the theme of "Riding the Workhorse IT Hockey Stick", features a convergence of four co-located tracks that have been identified as the power team for Workhorse IT -- SOA & Web Services, SaaS/PaaS, Virtualisation, Enterprise Content Management (ECM). “These are the right topics at the right time,” notes Shri. M. N. Vidyashankar, Former Principal Secretary, Information Technology, Government of Karnataka, India.
This year's convention will have the best and brightest speakers in the industry covering interesting developments in the business technology space. Ismael Ghalimi is the father of Office 2.0 and he is also credited with creating the first standards-based BPMS; Nitin Borwankar is the father of Data 2.0; Alan Pelz Sharpe, a partner with cmswatch, is also an expert guest on BBC, CNN and ABC Television; Robert Marcus has been at the helm of technology at General Motors, Boeing, Rogue Wave Software, MCC and HP; Matjaz Juric is the CEO of SOA Competency Center and Peter Coffee, formerly the Technology Editor at eWEEK has appeared on CBS, NBC, CNN, Fox, and PBS newscasts.
Gain Strategic, Technical and Business Insights at BT Summit 2008, Bangalore Edition:
* Dr. Chris Harding of The Open Group will present, straight from the source, a deep dive workshop on Using TOGAF for SOA.
* Alan Pelz-Sharpe will put ECM and SOA through the SWOT Grind, speak about Email Archiving and Discovery, and lead a workshop on Selecting the Best ECM System.
* Peter Coffee will show you how to Code In the Cloud as well as lead a deep dive workshop on Enterprise Readiness for the Cloud
* Dr. Matjaz Juric, CEO of the SOA Competency Center, will conduct a hands-on workshop on BPMN to BPEL Modeling Business Processes for SOA and three focused sessions on SOA Architectural Patterns, SOA and BPM, and Designing Reusable Service Interfaces
* Dr. Robert Marcus, Author of the Global Grid, will present the State of the Union - SOA Standards and lead a deep dive workshop on Future Distributed Computing Architectures and the Role of SOA
* Nitin Borwankar will show you How to Find the Silver Lining in Cloud Services and lead a deep dive workshop on Affordable Data Analytics and Data Warehousing
Squeeze Out Every Bit of RoI for Your Marketing Spend at BT Summit 2008, Mumbai Edition:
* Reach out to a classroom of 60-80 profiled CIO's from various verticals such as Retail, Transportation, Healthcare, BFSI, Government, Energy, Media, etc.
* Conduct a 1-1 vendor-led workshop of 60 minutes with the executive classroom
* Nominate a client-CIO to deliver a keynote address at the executive edition
* Network with this profiled group at the executive networking luncheon at the Grand Hyatt, Mumbai
* Reach out to a qualified, senior and professional IT Audience at the Big Tent Edition
* Promote your company's thought leadership at the Big Tent Edition through keynotes and focused sessions
* Harness the attendee list post summit for your sales teams to make a focused pitch
* Use the real estate at the summit locations to drive visibility and sales
The expo will feature the latest offerings in the business technology market, from the well established to the newest challengers and provide attendees opportunities to network while learning about new products and approaches. BT Expo welcomes industry leaders who are participating and exhibiting in this year's show, including Platinum sponsor IBM; Gold sponsor WebEx; BT Champions Progress Sotware, AppPoint, Intalio, SDL Tridion, Salesforce.com and Advanced Millenium Technologies.
For complete summit information visit http://www.btsummit.com
. Early Bird registration ends August 30; sign up now for $75 (one day of sessions and workshops) or 125$ (two days of sessions and workshops). To register now and take advantage of the early registration discount visit http://www.btsummit.com/registration.html
About Saltmarch Media
Saltmarch Media is a revolutionary new media company that provides industry-leading Web Sites, Conferences, and new media platforms focusing on diverse sectors such as IT, Energy, Human Resources, Manufacturing, Retail, Biotechnology, and BFSI. Saltmarch’s media properties aim to inform, network, and serve professionals and executives in these diverse sectors with information, opportunities, evaluation and guidance they need to excel in their jobs from keeping pace with emerging trends and technologies, to evaluating products and solutions, to developing strategies, to making cost-effective purchase decisions and effectively managing and leading their organizations' projects. More information: http://www.saltmarch.com
For further information, please contact:
P: +91 80 40051000, E: info at saltmarchmedia dot com