The UJO Framework
was extended to version 0.80:
- the new interface UjoExt is available for a better comfort to developers. The interface supports a chaining of properties or setters for example
- optimized deserialization of UJO objects, which is now faster as JAXB 2.1
- simplification of some methods by a new interface UjoAction
UJO Framework provides objects with a different architecture from JavaBeans. The original idea was a toy with generic data types of Java 5.0 however over time it appears, that the architecture has some exciting features:
- an easy object introspection without a heavy PropertyDescriptor implementation
- a transfer of the UJO object properties (not values) by a collection
- the core of the building has two interfaces for an easy implementation
These properties open up new possibilities for the use in the J2EE mainly in a production of generic operations over objects. Framework contains some tools for managing the UJO object in addition. See a short motivational presentation for more information:
You can find a link to a reference application called jWorkSheet
on the home page. The jWorkSheet is a project time tracker application and uses the architecture UJO objects consistently for all persistent objects.
I welcome all feedback and comments.