First public release of JCODER Java IDE 1.0

Discussions

News: First public release of JCODER Java IDE 1.0

1. First public release of JCODER Java IDE 1.0 (12 messages)

PremiumSoft has released Jcoder Java IDE version 1.0 for Windows today. Jcoder is a lightweight Java IDE Editor that provides comprehensive facilities to Java and web developers to develop, compile and run Java program efficiently. Jcoder features an intuitive interface and consists of a source code editor, a compiler, a project manager, a debugger, code editing highlight and code completion features. Jcoder also contains various project wizards to move into actual coding faster by automating project set-up steps and can be used in conjunction with different Java Developer Kits. Download a Free Jcoder Java IDE at: http://www.jcoder.com/download.html. Because the engine is native C++, you will experience very rapid response times to keyboard and mouse commands compared to the Java-based IDE. Feature at a glance: Intuitive User Interface with multi-document editing Project Wizard, New Class/ Interface Wizard Class and Package Viewer Advanced editor with code-folding Source code navigation Code Completion with Syntax checking and highlighting Feature rich Debugger Ant support For details, please visit at: http://www.jcoder.com.

Threaded Messages (12)

2. First thoughts...[ Go to top ]

Congrats. The commercial version ranges from $39 to $89 - the top end representing the commercial version with a CD. The "finger feel"... I dunno, I'm happy you wrote it in C++, I suppose, but I'm not sure that an editor is where I care about C++ vs. Java. It spends most of its time waiting, after all. The editor complained, with the default "public static void main(String[] args)", saying String was unexpected. Compiled and ran fine, I suppose. I changed the package of the default "Main" class to something else, but it didn't expect the source structure to match the destination structure; that wasn't expected. I really thought on first read that you supported split editor windows, with different files in the different split panes... but instead it's the stock tabbed editor pane. It doesn't look like a bad editor, I suppose; it's functional enough to work. But it's windows-only, and it's competing against many free editors that have many more features, and its speed is the *main* advantage I see - and I'm not sure it's all that much of an advantage. I usually don't spend time waiting for my editor to catch up with me. Maybe I'm a slow typist...
  3. Emacs[ Go to top ]

You can customize Emacs to be your Java dev tool, if you want something lean, simple and fast - compared to Eclipse. Of course there is also the commercial editors UltraEdit, Slickedit and CRisp, if you are to pay for them and think Emacs is hard to learn and adapt.
  4. Re: First thoughts...[ Go to top ]

But it is only for windows. Can not run on linux. Eclipse = bug + crash. I can not run eclise 3.3 /3.4 on my Fedora 9. Eclipse 3.4 is based on OSGI platform , but it is more unstable than before. I use JEE bundle version , it works well , when I installed some daily-use plugins :such m2eclipse , subclipse, Jboss Tools , etc , it crashed frequently. It is a toy for linux user, NOT a IDE . Netbean = ugly + stupid . Yes , it is stable on all platforms (Fedora 9 , Windows )I've used.But it is not intelligently in in the code completion ,code assistance , editor context menu . The UI is ugly and not recognized in a united style. The visual editor for web.xml is very different from the XSD design view. The UML item is so different from the page navigator in JSF config file editor. All the explorer windows has no default toolbar(which is provide in all popular IDE, such JDeveloper, IntelliJ IDEA) to provide basic refresh node , expand nodes, filter features.
  5. Re: First thoughts...[ Go to top ]

Why we still need a C++ IDE?, There is something wrong with Java??, Java is fast this days and Java have the best IDE's in the market even in Linux some people use Eclipse for C++ Development. The IDE in C++ is not an excuse, Java IDE's are much better this times. Sorry but C++ doesnt sell me nothing I need an IDE that is better than Intellij or Eclipse or netbeans and it is multiplatform, this days I use more Linux or Mac no so windows because I do server side development. Also Intellij,Eclipse and Netbeans are not anymore just Java, can do Groovy, Python, Ruby, Javascript, xml, Flex and Javafx development. Check Aptana it kick ass for Ajax development is based in eclipse, Flex Builder an Adobe product also based in Eclipse. 2c.
  6. The title[ Go to top ]

Somehow the exclamation mark that the title ends with looks annoying to me. Perhaps it just fits into spam message pattern that I use subconsciously. As many others do, I believe.
  7. Re: The title[ Go to top ]

Point taken, Pavel. I had removed some of the marketing verbiage from the post; I should have gotten rid of the ! too. It's gone now.
  8. Re: JCODER JAVA IDE[ Go to top ]

I've been using Eclipse for years and one thing I didn't like about Eclipse is I didn't see it being that intuitive to use. Seem to have to jump through too many hoops just to write up a class. If I actually spent more time learning the IDE instead of focusing just on learning more and more Java, might change my opinion. I'm still evaluating Jcoder and it gives me an impression that it is extremely responsive and doesn't have all the bloat that I don't need (and I'm sure most actually don't need). Basically I only want a fast editor that has code-folding, code completion and debugger.
  9. Why another IDE?[ Go to top ]

Just wondering why we need another IDE! Eclipse being THE one.
  10. Re: Why another IDE?[ Go to top ]

Just wondering why we need another IDE! Eclipse being THE one.
    Intellij, FTW.
  11. I liked it very much. It is fast and clean. However I have a few major concerns. - Refactoring : I use this feature on other IDES extensively and it saves me hours of work. I guess I will wait for the refactoring to appear. - I guess it will be difficult to use it for projects involving web and GUI. For pure Java development I will happily use it if the refactoring is provided.
  12. JCODER should be very good for people that have old computers and want to code in java. Developing countries, for example.
  13. Developing countries?, do you still living in a cage, I'm from a developing country and me and my collages doesn't use computers below Intel Core 2 Duo with 2 GB of ram, computers are very cheap this days and the OS We use Linux so Java runs very well. We use Eclipse or Netbeans or even IntelliJ IDEA we can pay for the license because we are professionals and we earn our money doing software development or outsourcing. That is not an excuse my friend for this IDE, I think that is a bad comment.