How to access a web service using Username token

Discussions

XML & Web services: How to access a web service using Username token

1. How to access a web service using Username token (3 messages)

In our implementation we have a web service deployed on SAP Application server provided by third party vendor needs user name and password. Because when I directly hit the WSDL url from client network it is asking me for basic authentication (username and password). I already created the stub (using eclipse) to use the web service but I haven’t made any implementation to pass such credentials. I am really novice for such kind of scenario and from Google I came to know that to consume this type of web service you need to pass Username token containing username and password in SOAP env header. I tried to set username and password in simple xml file dummyuser 784b and generate the context using ConfigurationContext configurationContext = ConfigurationContextFactory.createConfigurationContextFromFileSystem("/u001/idm/eclipse/axis2conf.xml", null); ServiceStub stub=new ServiceStub(configurationContext); But it gives the same error that “host did not accept the connection”. I don’t think any special tool is needed for this. Kidly help me to get out from this situation. Thanks in advance!
  2. Its a common problem with web services. You need to use SingleSignOn web service interceptor to intercept all web service requests going to SAP. Lookup WS-Security based solutions.
  3. Its a common problem with web services. You need to use SingleSignOn web service interceptor to intercept all web service requests going to SAP. Lookup WS-Security based solutions. http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/java/newsletter/articles/wsaudit/ws_audit.html
  4. is this interceptor is a hardware tool... And is there no other way to achieve this??