Discussions

News: Podcast: Terracotta Brings Large Memory Spaces to Java

1. Terracotta's software for JVM clustering allows applications to take advantage of a shared memory pool, significantly improving performance and scalability. In this podcast, TheServerSide.com editor Peter Varhol asks Terracotta CTO Ari Zilka about how the software works and what it can be used for. Listen to Podcast

Threaded Messages (10)

2. Too many Terracotta stuff[ Go to top ]

Simply too many Terracotta stuff.
  3. Re: Too many Terracotta stuff[ Go to top ]

You are free to post other stuff.
  4. Re: Too many Terracotta stuff[ Go to top ]

That should be "Simply too much Terracotta stuff."
  5. Re: Too many Terracotta stuff[ Go to top ]

Simply too many "too many articles/discussions about X" posts. Maybe all the users here should vote as to what the correct percentage of "news" postings about a particular product should be. If that is exceeded then Peter gets whipped with a wet noodle.
  6. Re: Too Much[ Go to top ]

I think we need to relax... First of all, TSS doesn't post everything you submit. Secondly, they favor (rightly so) commercial clients. Terracotta pays for this type of exposure (podcasts, etc.) on TSS - so I don't see any problem with TSS publishing a lot of stuff from them. Business as usual. If I would pay TSS - I would expect the same. Regards, Nikita Ivanov. GridGain - Grid Computing Made Simple
  7. Re: Too Much[ Go to top ]

I think we need to relax...
    That is what I was trying to convey. Some people on this forum take their job and themselves WAY to seriously.
  8. who you is now?[ Go to top ]

That is what I was trying to convey. Some people on this forum take their job and themselves WAY to seriously.
    yeah, this ain't no battlestar galactica or britney spears rehab salon!
  9. Re: who you is now?[ Go to top ]

yeah, this ain't no battlestar galactica or britney spears rehab salon!
    Exactly!
  10. (General observation--not related to the merits or popularity of Terracotta) I'd hope that the editors would look at the number of thread reads and posts. It takes less time to ignore a thread than to post to it to complain about it. Surely if there's complete lack of interest, the editors will note that?
  11. Transcript?[ Go to top ]

Another meta-comment... sorry in advance. I think podcasts are great, sure; but I, for one, would rather read a technical discussion than hear it. I'd like, for instance, to know the content of this podcast as well as Ms. Cummins's recent podcast on Java performance, but that won't happen if my only choice is to listen, which will take more time than reading, make it more difficult to go back to pick up salient details, and prevent me from listening to music (not that Holly's voice is displeasing). I know you have provided transcripts for video interviews; I would appreciate having that ability extended to your podcasts as well.