News: Article: An Introduction to GMaps4JSF
Can you integrate Google maps with JavaServer Faces? Thanks to GMaps4JSF, it's a matter of using tags to be able to integrate maps as a part of your user interface elements. In a previous news post, Hazem Saleh announced the release of GMaps4JSF. Here he shows an example of how to use it to view the streets of the places you navigate to. Read Article
- Posted by: Nuno Teixeira
- Posted on: October 17 2008 10:13 EDT
- Not fully working for Google Maps API's China service by Javaman Sheldon on October 17 2008 18:34 EDT
- Re: Not fully working for Google Maps API's China service by Hazem Saleh on October 17 2008 18:59 EDT
- Re: Not fully working for Google Maps API's China service by Hazem Saleh on October 17 2008 19:04 EDT
- Re: Article: An Introduction to GMaps4JSF by shoukat ali on October 21 2008 04:47 EDT
- Like the abstraction by Ed Burns on November 26 2008 09:30 EST
I used this API on Google Maps' China service http://ditu.google.com/... Many of the tags do not work, such as showing the map control, and using jsVariable to refer the map. Do you know if this is because ditu.google.com does not provide the full API that maps.google.com offers? Sheldon
Hello Javaman, This is the official page of the project: http://code.google.com/p/gmaps4jsf/ And here is a working demo of the library: http://mashups.s43.eatj.com/gmaps4jsf-examples/home.jsf All the tags are working OK. Good Luck!
Do you know if this is because ditu.google.com does not provide the full API that maps.google.com offers?Please use maps.google.com, I do not use the "ditu.google.com".
I have generated Google API key using localhost url. The map is not coming up in the page. Is there something else to do than mentioned in the article?
please ignore the preceding post .. i found the answer
please ignore the preceding post ..Great!
i found the answer
Hello Hazem, I really like the abstraction that you're offering here. The ability to have the lat and long come from EL seems like it would offer a lot of power. Keep up the great work! Ed Burns JSF co-spec lead
Hi Hazem, Is there a way to get "Add Destination" feature working with GMaps4Jsf. Google Maps allows this feature by letting user Right-Click on the map and select "Add Destination". Is there a way to get it working with GMaps4Jsf? I really liked GMaps4Jsf. Keep up the good work. Thanks Raj