Seam 2.1.0.GA is out

Discussions

News: Seam 2.1.0.GA is out

1. Seam 2.1.0.GA is out (5 messages)

We've been busy over the last month preparing the Seam 2.1.0 release - and I'm pleased to say that it's at last. Some of the highlights from Seam 2.1.0 include an identity management framework with ACL style permissions, an Excel reporting module, an embellished and more flexible seam-gen, first class support for Wicket, built-in support for URL rewriting and a technology preview of JAX-RS (REST) support through the RESTeasy project. We've also made numerous improvements to Seam core to make your life with Seam easier - support for rendering JSF components in mail templates when sending mail from an asynchronous method, support for JBoss Cache 2 and EHCache as well as JBoss Cache, faster SeamTest and better handling of concurrent requests to conversations. We've also kept track with JBoss AS 5, increasing the number of examples that work; as always, you can deploy your Seam appliction to most major containers. Check out the Seam reference guide to find more comprehensive documentation for deploying to WebLogic, WebSphere, OC4J and now Glassfish. Seam integrates with a huge number of other libraries and frameworks, and Seam 2.1.0 updates these to their latest versions, such as RichFaces 3.2 and Groovy 1.5. Read the rest or just download it.

Threaded Messages (5)

2. Re: Seam 2.1.0.GA is out[ Go to top ]

It is a very neat release and more with the first class Wicket support, Now I can replace JSF. Congratulations to the team for this release!.
  3. Re: Seam 2.1.0.GA is out[ Go to top ]

Congrats and keep up the good work! Cheers.
  4. Anything new on the GWT?[ Go to top ]

is there anything new on the GWT support? is there some on going work on this area?
  5. RE: Anything new on the GWT?[ Go to top ]

The support for GWT remains mostly the same in this release. However, a more powerful integration with GWT is on the roadmap and you can be sure that when that happens, it will be accompanied by a comprehensive solution for dealing with managed entities. This is one of the core values in Seam.
  6. Re: Seam 2.1.0.GA is out[ Go to top ]

Congratulations. I think web development with Seam is really sweet and I look forward to start using 2.1. Cheers, Tomas