Implementing MVC using servlets, JSF, EJB - Ques. 1

Discussions

Web tier: servlets, JSP, Web frameworks: Implementing MVC using servlets, JSF, EJB - Ques. 1

1. Hello all, I have started on a MVC application using JSF, servlets and EJBs. I have a JSF page which submits a request and the response is to be displayed on the same page. I have built the JSF page. Now how can I link this to a controller servlet? Like on action of a button, how should I submit the request to servlet?
  2. Why Servlets?[ Go to top ]

Before I attempt to answer your query - Why are you writing your own servlet instead of doing it completely the JSF way? JSF allows you to bind your managed bean methods to buttons so that you dont have to worry about all these details about the wiring. Inside the method you could always make a call to the EJB.
  3. Yes Varun. You are absolutely right. Actually I had just started implementing MVC using JSF at that time. Now I have figured out the same thing you are telling. Thanks for your time.
    Before I attempt to answer your query - Why are you writing your own servlet instead of doing it completely the JSF way? JSF allows you to bind your managed bean methods to buttons so that you dont have to worry about all these details about the wiring. Inside the method you could always make a call to the EJB.
  4. Sorry got your name wrong-Rahul. thanks.
  5. hi, happy new year 2009 for all java comunity. i have a web application a base of servlet.it excuts perfectly in server computer(localhost:8080);but when i deploy my application in a LAN network. a client receave an error: Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-2" java.security.AccessControlException: access denied(java.net.socketPermission localhost:8080 connect,resolve) remeber that i change IP server in source code for LAN in speacifique IP(localhost:8080 to 10.150.160.3:8080); my question what s a source of problem and why a client stay connect to localhost? and how i correct this mistake? ths .