Discussions

News: Introduction of Amazon Web Services with Spring Framework

1. In these times when there is big recession in the economic world. Every company wants to cut down its costs. For the software development, it is a very good thing about java is its very huge and impressive open source technologies and framework. Among those, Spring is most popular and framework for JEE development. There are a lot success stories regarding spring. I started using it in 2002. I found is one of the best solutions. Company can select open source technologies for the development. But what happens, when software development complete and ideas becomes reality. Company controlled its development cost. But now a big expense is going to occur in the shape of deployment and server maintenance. Servers cost cannot be reduced. But now it is very much possible to reduce it using Amazon Web Service. When companies start their projects or products, the deployment structure is designed and suggested. The Deployment structure includes software and hardware costs. This is very much critical for the companies to launch their project with one of the best and optimized servers. Those servers consist of heavy processors, Ram in GBs; Storage must be the big enough to fulfill the requirements. Taking daily backups of the system. 7*24 availability of machines. High bandwidth required. Company needs extra human and software resources to check the systems. So the system that is required for the above requirements have a very big cost. Everyone has very good and unique ideas. And those ideas become reality. But when the time comes to present it to the world, it has a very big cost. Product realization for the outer world needs some time. This time increases the cost of the product/project in tremendous way. Only those companies who survive in this time can be in win full positions. Read more.....

Threaded Messages (6)

2. Umm...did I miss something? You are using JetS3 api and nothing specific provided by spring. I did have a look at the source code but it looks like a normal spring web app. ASAIK spring does not have anything to support AWS directly nor does it provide a layer above the API or simplify it.
  3. relevance?[ Go to top ]

whats the relevance of spring and AWS in this article. are u trying to prove a point or just want people to know you have been working in these technologies?
  4. Re: relevance?[ Go to top ]

whats the relevance of spring and AWS in this article. are u trying to prove a point or just want people to know you have been working in these technologies?
    If one skims the long, out-of-context introduction, the author is showing how to invoke the Amazon Storage Services from within Spring. He created some kind of management console making use of the usual list of frameworks. Might be interesting for someone.
  5. Re: relevance?[ Go to top ]

If one skims the long, out-of-context introduction, the author is showing how to invoke the Amazon Storage Services from within Spring. He created some kind of management console making use of the usual list of frameworks.

Might be interesting for someone.
    Have a look at the source code. There is no Spring magic. All the services are provided by jets3 not spring.
  6. Re: relevance?[ Go to top ]

It was just introduction. Please wait for Part 2. That might be interesting for you.
  7. Re: relevance?[ Go to top ]

It was just introduction. Please wait for Part 2. That might be interesting for you.
    I beg your pardon but for being an introduction that was way too long :)